Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? setting up rail kit in 19ft Eliminator, having some problems

wsm9808
    I was mocking up the rail kit I'm fabbing for my tunnel picklefork and ran into some issuses.
    I need to drop the engine about another 1.5 to 2 inches, but the oil pan is already hitting the pump suction housing bolts and the lower edge of the flywheel is only about 1.5 inches from the pump housing and the engine is not even slid all the way back yet.
    I can cut off the extra length on the bolts and get a little more room for the pan to lower and maybe find a 7.5 deep pan instead of the 8" I have on now. But that still leaves the flywheel too close to the suction housing to get the guard on.
    Pump is set back with hand hole outside the transom.
    How do you guys have yours set up? It looks like I will have to move the engine forward about 6 inches and not be over the suction housing at all. But I was wanting the engine set back as far as possible to maximize interior room.
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMAGE046.jpg
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/IMAGE049.jpg

Emanon Performance Marine
    Move the engine up and forward. You will need to buy a longer shaft. By moving the engine forward you will have way less shaft angle. You want to have enough room for your flywheel cover under the flywheel.

YeLLowBoaT
    longer drive shaft... that will give you a little bit more clearance.

HBjet
    You might want to ditch the June Bug too!
    HBjet

Jetaholic
    You will need a longer shaft.
    OK let's help him fix the damn thing and leave his private life out of it shall we?

DelawareDave
    Looks like your intake is some sorta low-profile type? I set mine up with the rails 3/4" below the top of the stringers (4" tall) and the bottom of the engine plates 1/2" below the centerline of the crankshaft. But I have a standard Berk intake and pump.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...3&d=1169549870

DelawareDave
    FYI- Mine is a Sunkisst Tunnel, with the pump set back and the handhole is midway in the transom.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I wonder if the pump angle is set wrong. My kachina was like that and it was set wrong!!

Definatly a low profile intake, you are going to have to move the engiine ahead of the intake and lower it until the driveline is straight.

DelawareDave
    As a reference- my pump shaft is 1/2" below the top of the stringers. The angle of the front face of the pump is 4° off vertical.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast