Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Boycott

Old Texan
    The Gov of GA followed suit with the AL Gove for a tourism boycott of Aruba. Stems of course from the mishandling of the Natalie Holloway disappearance and failure of local LE to find her or charge accused abductors.
    Aruba complains that it isn't fair to hurt them financially and they have done all they could.
    What's the opinions?
    Boycott right or wrong?

Mandelon
    Well, I am boycotting them anyway!

Havasu_Dreamin
    If there is no evidence to support a trial what more can be done to solve the case? If they, the LE of Aruba, did all they could and there is still no evidence a boycott will not solve anything.

Kilrtoy
    There is alot of people missing in America right now..... :rollside:

Ziggy
    Should we boycott the parents for letting an underaged girl go on the trip to begin with??
    A crying shame she has disapeared but boycotting Aruba won't solve finding her.

H20 Toie
    Should we boycott the parents for letting an underaged girl go on the trip to begin with??
    A crying shame she has disapeared but boycotting Aruba won't solve finding her.
    What hold the parents responsible, Don't be talking like that this is america it has to be someone else it can't be the parents.

There is alot of people missing in America right now..... :rollside:
    Exactly. I don't see anyone suggesting we boycott NYC or LA. I'll go out on a limb here and say that there are far more unsolved murders in most American cities than in Aruba. Aruba just is more news worthy (sensationalized).
    My guess is if someone studied crime statistics that LA would be a far more risky place to travel to than Aruba too.

Dribble
    Does that mean we should boycott Yosemite because the FBI claimed they had the Caroll Sund Killers locked up, then Carey Stayner (the real killer) sliced up another inocent victim ???

Old Texan
    Exactly. I don't see anyone suggesting we boycott NYC or LA. I'll go out on a limb here and say that there are far more unsolved murders in most American cities than in Aruba. Aruba just is more news worthy (sensationalized).
    My guess is if someone studied crime statistics that LA would be a far more risky place to travel to than Aruba too.
    The editorial I read this morning talking about the issue mentioned pretty much the same thing. Something like 36 unsolved child abductions in AL and 60+ plus in GA (don't recall time frame).
    Jon Benet Ramsey was mentioned.

Mandelon
    I will boycott them too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast