Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About Cross-Eyed People.....

HavasuSelect
    They throw me off when I have conversations with them. I can't seem to focus on what's being said because I don't know which eye to look at. Maybe I should just look at their mouth? It's even worse when you don't expect them to be cross eyed. I have nothing against cross eyed people, this was just an observation I made today....

blown65
    My daughter had that problem. Had surgery to correct it. Its pretty common actually and I think most the problem is ppl that cant afford to have it done.
    I agree though, its hard to sometimes look at someone in the eyes when you wonder if your looking at the wrong one. Kinda like my mom, she lost one of her arms when she was a kid in a horse riding accident, it sometimes causes some odd situations.

dumbandyoung
    my friend is.... he walks into shit all the time

HavasuSelect
    My daughter had that problem. Had surgery to correct it. Its pretty common actually and I think most the problem is ppl that cant afford to have it done.
    I agree though, its hard to sometimes look at someone in the eyes when you wonder if your looking at the wrong one. Kinda like my mom, she lost one of her arms when she was a kid in a horse riding accident, it sometimes causes some odd situations.
    I didn't know there was a surgery to correct it. I'm glad to hear everything worked out for your daughter.

Mandelon
    I talked to a guy like that at West Marine yesterday. Kinda freaked me out. I just looked back at the eye that was looking at me. I did glance over my shoulder a couple of times at first cuz I thought he was looking at something else....

BadKachina
    That's funny, I havent seen the shocker colored in yet. :jawdrop:

HavasuSelect
    That's funny, I havent seen the shocker colored in yet. :jawdrop:
    It shows the "darker" side of the shocker.

blown65
    I didn't know there was a surgery to correct it. I'm glad to hear everything worked out for your daughter.
    I'm sure there are several different conditions to cause it, and sorry its been a while ago so I dont remember the exact condition.
    Yes, she is totally corrected, no probs except having to wear eye glasses for her bad eyesight. (That was part of the problem but not all of it)
    The cut and reattach one of the muscles that control the eye from what I remember to relax it. You wouldn't even know there was ever an issue except the eye glasses part.

Jrocket
    I'm sure there are several different conditions to cause it, and sorry its been a while ago so I dont remember the exact condition.
    Yes, she is totally corrected, no probs except having to wear eye glasses for her bad eyesight. (That was part of the problem but not all of it)
    The cut and reattach one of the muscles that control the eye from what I remember to relax it. You wouldn't even know there was ever an issue except the eye glasses part.
    How old was she when they did the procedure? Did they correct one eye or both? Did she have to do any patching afterwards? Did they correct it fully on the first procedure or did she have to go back for another? What was the price for this?

blown65
    How old was she when they did the procedure? Did they correct one eye or both? Did she have to do any patching afterwards? Did they correct it fully on the first procedure or did she have to go back for another? What was the price for this?
    Ok, we are depending on my terrible memory here.
    I believe about 4 yrs old.
    No patching after, she did do the patching with no success prior.
    They did correct it fully on the first procedure and did do both eyes. The doc we have is awesome IMO.
    It was covered by insurance so I dunno the exact cost since I only payed the deductible. I do believe it was about 5500 though total.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast