Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pomonkey Gang & Anyone on the East Coast

sunkisst
    The DVBRC (Deleware Valley Boat Racing Club) Is looking for New members. Be they Sportsman Racers like myself,or,perhaps,fast boats.If interested ,Go to their website @ WWW.dvbrc.com or email @ dvbrc@dvbrc.com Anyway, Lets all be ready for the first warm day in BOATING WEATHER...even if its in May

jets4me
    jack i am in just dont know if i can afford those life jackets maybe find a used one

sunkisst
    Come on folks,Its been less than one hour,and I have seen 8 views.I was also A SKEERED the first time. The guys at the DVBRC are easy to get along with.And,I might add,a great group of folks to hang with.

sunkisst
    Mike,Ill let you use mine.DVBRC may adjust rounds to permit loans of safety equipment if its all we have.Maybe?

jets4me
    then it is on count me in

PCE081
    All you need to race with us is a regular ski jacket. The club has several sportsman classes that let the average guy race with us. Its alot of fun and all of you should bring your boats to try it out just once! You will probably like it! I liked it so much I keep buying more boats!
    jack i am in just dont know if i can afford those life jackets maybe find a used one

rich seibert
    what about a helmet and lifeline shoulder/neck straps, they are required as well i believe...................................i am not sure but sportsman classes
    are not allowed power adders like nitrious and blowers,......(sportsman) (class)they have no point system to classify your ride so you have to run who they say you must run,i don`t like the system...(sportsman classes is trophy only no payouts if you win)..it does have a cheaper reg. fee though....... it is nothing like bracket racing,,,,,,,,,,if you leave on time and run on your dial in you have a chance of winning a round......NOT..........if you are outclassed where they put you............. you have no chance of winning a round. i would rather grudge race who i want to race................... not who and where they put you. just my 2 cents
    maybe i have been around too long

sunkisst
    Rich, and,everyone else that is interested,I have been on the phone twice today with Bill ,the President of DVBRC .After a little discussion,we found that SPORTSMAN classes CAN compete wearing a SKI VEST.and a helmet. I also have been asked to assist in the organization/grouping/classification of the SPORTSMAN classes.I would like to see FUN,Good ol boy,friendly,Yee Ha BOAT RACING between friends in the East.Ialso have been to Anna four years in a row,A lot of you guys there need to check this out.

Jspeeddemon
    Where are the races for this organization, the Sportsman races sound like a good way to get started.

sunkisst
    Hey,It is a great way to get your feet wet, :rollside: I started 4 or 5 years ago.Check their website.www.DVBRC.com for schedules,pictures,rulebook,locations ,etc etc Hope to see you in Pa...Jack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast