Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kite pulling boat??

schiada96
    I was pulling a kite once. I didn't know it but a lot of string wrapped around the prop. Later on in the afternoon race time get there and I got spanked, the boat was just not pulling hard. Damn kite string.

All kidding aside, this might be a damn good deal for someone, depending on what the reserve price is. This is assuming it runs and all which the guy indicates it does. Too bad there's not a little more meaningful detail in the ebay description, like make of hull, year, etc. And that does appear to be a Chevy in the boat rather than the Olds they have it listed as.
    [ November 18, 2002, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

BobMacD
    I almost flipped out when I seen this auction. The boat is a Hondo and is Chevy powered. It used to belong to a friend of mine in London, Ontario. He sold it to a another friend of his who had an unfortunate accident a couple of years ago. The boat then went to an auction in Toronto and was bought by some car dealer. He didn't know what to do with the boat so it sat around for a year. It was sent back to the auctions again and was bought by a guy from Winnipeg Manitoba but who lived in Montreal at the time. That was the last I heard of it untill now. I have no idea how it ended up in Florida.
    The boat colours and graphics and name "Black Sabath" are very distictive.

DaveA
    I think I remember the seller saying he took it in trade for one of their projects they had going. As far as the 'wing fixation' he's got regarding the cav plate, he's a purveyor of turbine aircraft engine conversions for a variety of things using a Czech built Walter turbine. Got some really interesting projects going like the Comanche 400 with a turbine, etc. Ok, so I'm an airplane nut and that stuff juices me...
    So apparently he has no idea what it's really worth here on the East Coast, esp in Florida- clamp-on country. I'll bet some whacka driva told him it was an Olds... wink

superdave013
    I could not help it. I just e mailed the guy with a link to this thread. Maybe he will learn something about it so he can list it better.
    BobMacD, Kinda strange were things pop up hu?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12