Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The clippers and Lakers.

dmontzsta
    They are at .500 now by beating NJN by 1 at home. The are now challenging for the 8th spot, could this be a run?
    Make sure everyone watches the Lakers tonight at home, they will take on the Bobcats with Lamar Odom finally returning to the line up, Kwame is due back any day now, cant wait for tonight.

DILLIGAF
    someone get "tom" outta the hole he's been hiding in this whole time .... tell him it's safe to come out now :jawdrop: ...
    I am here...just quietly watching from the sidelines.
    Yes, they are making a run and are closer to the Lakers than the Lakers are to PHX

Jyruiz
    Now the Clipps just need to do a little bit better on the road, take care of there games at home and they will be a lock to make the playoffs.
    And everybody is closer to the Lakers than they are to the Suns, so that not saying much.

dmontzsta
    I think Tom has the thought of the clippers catching the Lakers , but that is pretty far fetched. PJ made a great comment today in the LA times and it is true.
    Lakers Coach Phil Jackson would look down the bench last season and call on Devean George, Luke Walton or Brian Cook to enter the game. Not too many options among a group of reserves that had four rookies.
    Then came this season's rash of injuries to the starters, followed by an incalculable dose of support from the backups.
    "That's what you have a bench for in this game," Jackson said. "We didn't expect some of these [starters] to be out 20, 15 games, but here we are. Our bench has sustained itself and helped us get to where we're at. Now we can get back on track."
    Andrew Bynum and Cook were reserves when Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom went down, but they have done more than fill space. Bynum has continued to grow, most recently taking a career-best 15 rebounds in a 108-103 victory Monday over Golden State.
    Now the Lakers will begin to make a push on Phoenix (if they would ever lose one).

DILLIGAF
    It is a marathon and not a sprint. Unless of course you are PHX...Those mofo's will continue to sprint

dmontzsta
    It is a marathon and not a sprint. Unless of course you are PHX...Those mofo's will continue to sprint
    yeah, I don't know what crawled up their butts, but they are on a roll. So is Dallas though, both teams are going to sprint to the finish. They just better hope that all this mid season hustle, does not create an injury that would allow other teams to move in for the kill. Nash is getting old and running like that team does will begin to take a toll on a body.

dmontzsta
    I just looked at the suns schedule and the teams they have been rolling against are not the most impressive, still...cant fault them for winning the games they were handed I guess.
    On another note. It was just released in the NYTimes that the Lakers made an offer for J.Kidd a week or so ago. That could or could have been interesting. The Lakers were going to give NJ expiring contracts McKie and Mihm + rookie PG sensation Jordan Farmar. I personally would not like to give up Farmar, he has the game to be better than Kidd in the future.

Hardly Satisfied
    I am here...just quietly watching from the sidelines.
    Yes, they are making a run and are closer to the Lakers than the Lakers are to PHX
    Sorry to say that you will be watching quietly the rest of the season

OutCole'd
    I just looked at the suns schedule and the teams they have been rolling against are not the most impressive, still...cant fault them for winning the games they were handed I guess.
    On another note. It was just released in the NYTimes that the Lakers made an offer for J.Kidd a week or so ago. That could or could have been interesting. The Lakers were going to give NJ expiring contracts McKie and Mihm + rookie PG sensation Jordan Farmar. I personally would not like to give up Farmar, he has the game to be better than Kidd in the future.
    I'd hate to see them give up Farmar. That kid has a great future in front of him.

DILLIGAF
    "defensive" wins championships .... not high scoring offense minded teams, such as the mavs & suns "it'll be an interesting season after the vegas allstar game .....
    Check the stats Keyes...Dallas does play defense. PHX does not

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast