Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about some events for 2006

Dogballs
    Hey Balls is there any motels in a close driving distance?Or what about an RV rental place there?Im not worried about me i will end up sooooooo drunk that i will pass out on the ground somewhere but the wife would probably like a bed!
    JD,
    Yes, there are mobile homes and cabins for rent right by the launch ramp (tel. # 800-876-7004.) These are limited to probably the first 30-40 people. Otherwise your looking at RV hook ups, open camping or driving 30 miles to Yuma with one eye open.
    This trip will require a little committment because of the limited accomodations but it will seperate the men from the boys and will be well worth it for those that go.
    Balls

flat broke
    I have a question for everyone on this thread. If there was an event on a weekend sometime in the early or late summer that didn't conflict with a race weekend, and you could pair off in a measured 1/4 mile for half of the day (full safety crew etc.) Would you pay to to attend? How much and would you pay in advance? Somethin like CBBB but with a timed 1/4 mile off and on throughout the day for one of the days.
    Chris

I'm just sayin
    l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    V

*BN*
    Chris,
    I think you otta setup a date at Rosnos place. Perfect beach, drag strip right there, and just think everybody could just shack up with Mark. And since I'm offering his pad the overflow camping could use the the computer guru's pad. :rollside: Heck there are few more lurkers here that have pads there also.

djdtpr
    I have a question for everyone on this thread. If there was an event on a weekend sometime in the early or late summer that didn't conflict with a race weekend, and you could pair off in a measured 1/4 mile for half of the day (full safety crew etc.) Would you pay to to attend? How much and would you pay in advance? Somethin like CBBB but with a timed 1/4 mile off and on throughout the day for one of the days.
    Chris
    It could be a cool deal especially if it was closer than going clear to Ming.

flat broke
    It could be a cool deal especially if it was closer than going clear to Ming.
    Technically it would be a longer drive than Ming for most SoCal folks but I think the venue would make it worthwhile. It's been hard to watch the way things have gone with regard to boat traffic at the CBBB and we've been trying to figure out a way that everyone could have the best of both worlds. Unfortunately a safe closed course type setup costs money,permits, and tons of manpower, and no offense to anyone here, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone that would roll multiple thousands to get something going in hopes that enough people show to cover the tab. The only way I could ever forsee something like that coming together would be on a pre-register, pre-pay, full blown event type situtation. But if enough people wanted it, there are those of us that enjoy this stuff enough to try and help put it together.
    Sorry for the hi-jack,
    Chris

Hardly a hijack Chris, that is what this thread is about,events for 06.
    The first weekend in May could work, is Mother's Day the 14th? I dont have an 06' calendar yet.
    Some say Needles, some say Yuma. Im down for either, what does everyone else think?
    CS

steelcomp
    I'm down for anything. Really down. In fact, it's about 5 hrs down, but I'm there...just say where and when. Is this gonna be a Just Jets thing?
    War On tha Water
    Forum Fest '06
    Springtime Thunder
    Sluts, Sudz 'n Sand

Chris,
    I think you otta setup a date at Rosnos place. Perfect beach, drag strip right there, and just think everybody could just shack up with Mark. And since I'm offering his pad the overflow camping could use the the computer guru's pad. :rollside: Heck there are few more lurkers here that have pads there also.
    Funny guy..LOL
    In all honesty Water Wheel is so perfect, but im afraid it would never fly with a large group.
    We were there for labor Day and everyone was so cool about us wanting to race at night,I think they enjoyed watching us as much as we enjoyed racin' around.We had PERFECT water and it was a 3 day weekend. That was an amazing weekend.

cyclone
    Hardly a hijack Chris, that is what this thread is about,events for 06.
    The first weekend in May could work, is Mother's Day the 14th? I dont have an 06' calendar yet.
    Some say Needles, some say Yuma. Im down for either, what does everyone else think?
    CS
    oh please, please please dont have an event on mother's day weekend. i caught hell for going to the river last mothers day.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast