Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about some events for 2006

Hustler
    I think the May 5th weekend is a done deal, now it's just where to do it. If we do something in the Yuma area you can there wont be any v-drives and these get togethers should stay open for both thats why I think Needles would be a better place.

Is everyone OK with the place and date? Reply if your in!
    Yuma, Martinez Lake
    May 5,6,7
    Well ... I speak up and play Devil's advocate here ...
    I think NJBA'ers will have a hard time betewwn races ... with a race dates of April 22 & 23 & May 20 & 21 ... that would mean 3 weeks between races ...
    If we throw an event inbetween races, "Cinco De Hot Boat" (which btw, I love ... the name/timing/mexican theme/etc.) ... it's gonna be hard for a lot of the guys to make it ... $$$ wise ... espessially if we have it all of the way down in Yuma.
    I do agree that there should be a Yuma event, however, I think it should be sooner ... like in early March ... prior to the first race ... that way everyone could test out their rides in a warm place ... but the May event should ... IMO ... be in Parker/Blythe/Big River/etc. ...
    I just believe that there would be a larger turn out if we could work it out that way ...
    my .02

superdave013
    remember back when you could just show up at Lost Lake and race? It was an event every Friday and Saturday night at dusk. Ahhhhh the good ol days. 100's of people seemed to be there.
    Now with everyone so sue happy just be sure no one has their name on any of these "events".

I like the idea of a race 4-22,23, then a weekend off, then off to the riv for 5-6 and 7, then another off, then back to the races on 5-20,21. It doesnt get any better that that.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
    Labor Day Water Wheel is a lock. 1st-5th Sept.

Now with everyone so sue happy just be sure no one has their name on any of these "events".
    You are 100% correct ... that's why we all need to keep this casual as a "camping/boating" weekend between friends & board members.
    One thing to remember is that this is not a registration type of event where profits will be made. There is no promotional organization behind it ... just a group of people meeting at the same place at the same time for an interest in the same thing.
    I have spoken to our T-Shirt vendor for NJBA (Crusin' T's) already ... and can & will have a weekend shirt made up ... but it will sell for cost only of the artwork/screens/shirts ... prolly $12 to $15/ea ... same as if you bought a "I survived Lake Havasu, Memorial Day 2006" type of shirt ...
    We need to keep it simple and everyone involved needs to take responsibility/ownership for themselves & those they bring.
    Let's keep it fun ...

I like the idea of a race 4-22,23, then a weekend off, then off to the riv for 5-6 and 7, then another off, then back to the races on 5-20,21. It doesnt get any better that that.
    I agree ... it'll be fun!

cyclone
    I agree with Brian that stacking a river trip between two races would be tough. I'm down for a pre season party/test session though. We ought to get this started in february. lol

revndave
    Getting started in Feb sounds good.

LGCDEVIL
    I think the May 5th weekend is a done deal, now it's just where to do it. If we do something in the Yuma area you can there wont be any v-drives and these get togethers should stay open for both thats why I think Needles would be a better place.
    Martinez is way do-able for a v-drive. Everything runs there. Wackers-mid 20' cats. Sounds bad, but the water is bitchen.