Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric golf cart help please.

OutCole'd
    Good advice! :hammerhea
    Thanks.
    Also Mike. The charger not only has a plug that you plug into the cart, but it should have another cord coming out of it that gets plugged into a wall outlet.
    Glad I was able to help again.

Nubbs
    Just ran down and put it in Maintenence mode!! Ya it got slower and slower. I think I will put my satalite radio where that frickin gauge is at!! Thanks
    Anytime. It sounds like your gauge is working correctly. A few bad cells will definitely cause your cart to die quickly. How old are the batteries? You may be able to get them warranteed.

H20 Toie
    just get a rhinao then you donrt have that problem

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Mike, what everyone else said.
    Glad I was able to help.
    I can always count on you!!

RUCAV
    That happened to mine too. I sent it to Premier Golf Carts in Lake Havasu. The technician told me it had to do with one or more of the batteries starting use at a lower level than the rest. This causes the others to drain more quickly. He used some sort of battery tester to find out which batteries were lower than the rest. I had to charge them all the way up individually, then plug in the charger for the whole unit. If you dont, and you plug in the charger for the cart, it will only charge up to the point where the first battery reaches its fully charged point.
    My long term answer. I bought a gas cart. The way to go.
    Good Luck.

TOBTEK
    ALSO...... im sure you have a voltage reducer RIGHT? I learned the hard way on my limo that those reducers will have a constant draw on the batt's. I made a male/female connection on the ground wire on the voltage reducer so when the cart isnt in use nothing can create a draw. I toasted two batts before I learned of this. Looks like your getting ISLANDER ready......I/we just walked in the door from there

OutCole'd
    ALSO...... im sure you have a voltage reducer RIGHT? I learned the hard way on my limo that those reducers will have a constant draw on the batt's. I made a male/female connection on the ground wire on the voltage reducer so when the cart isnt in use nothing can create a draw. I toasted two batts before I learned of this. Looks like your getting ISLANDER ready......I/we just walked in the door from there
    Tob, when I hooked up my reducer, it only has a draw when you turn something on. If there is no power draw, the reducer does not take any power. Does this make sense?

TOBTEK
    Tob, when I hooked up my reducer, it only has a draw when you turn something on. If there is no power draw, the reducer does not take any power. Does this make sense?
    that makes sense to me.......BUT the guys at escondido GCC said these have a slight draw at all times. Just what I was told, the limo would go dead if it sat for a longwhile, before I started unpluugin this reducer.....no big the limo is gone. Im gonna build a SICK FAST std cart now....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12