Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spectra hardware

Itsahobby
    Here are the parts I have:
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gear...ment/parts.JPG
    Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT:
    Where do you live, I am interested in your v-drive hardwhere.
    Brent
    Brentloan@aol.com www.spectramarine.com (http://www.spectramarine.com)
    [This message has been edited by SPECTRABRENT (edited June 25, 2002).]

Itsahobby,
    Well, seeings how I'm turning my 20 Spectra jet into a v-drive, I'll throw my name in here too. Having just a bare hull with all the holes filled, I still colecting parts. Lots of parts.
    More importantly though, sorry to hear about losing your garage and boat in a fire. My mom lost her house about 7 years ago in a fire. Devestating thing to have to go through. She lost everything except what she was wearing. Largest fire in the history of the city of Cypress.
    Hope you and your family are OK.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited June 29, 2002).]

superdave013
    It looks like others are in more need then me. Old Rig, that fin would do fine for you.
    You might want to go with some stouter 1/2" turnbuckles right off the bat if your starting from scratch.
    I't pretty nice of this guy to hook people up like he is. I hope I don't see this stuff for sale at Long Beach!
    [This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited June 29, 2002).]

Itsahobby
    Hi Oldrigger,
    Shoot me a email with your address and I'll
    find out the shipping cost. Superdave is right
    on the turn buckles. That is why I didn't
    use them on my new boat, but the fin, strut
    and motor mounts should be good. The strut
    needs a new bushing.
    I was waiting to here from some of the others,
    but your need seems to be the highist.
    Jerry
    Originally posted by old rigger:
    Itsahobby,
    Well, seeings how I'm turning my 20 Spectra jet into a v-drive, I'll throw my name in here too. Having just a bare hull with all the holes filled, I still colecting parts. Lots of parts.
    More importantly though, sorry to hear about losing your garage and boat in a fire. My mom lost her house about 7 years ago in a fire. Devestating thing to have to go through. She lost everything except what she was wearing. Largest fire in the history of the city of Cypress.
    Hope you and your family are OK.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited June 29, 2002).]

superdave013,
    well you're right about one thing, it's very cool for itsahobby to post this stuff here on the board after his bad luck.
    As far as seeing it for sale at the LB swap, it wouldn't be from me, I've never sold there. Just one of the thousasnds every month buy the crap.
    After thinking about it, besides the tanks in the boat, the only other thing that I do have is the fin. Your recomendation on the turnbuckles makes sense, and I would like to run a rail kit, so I don't really need the mounts. My goal is to put a wood deck on, so the bow rail stuff should also go to another who needs it. No reason to break up all the parts for just the strut.
    itsahobby, thank you anyway for the offer, but I'm going to pass and let someone else benefit from your generosity.

superdave013
    I could be wrong but those turnbuckles look like the lower pivot is a ball type that's pressed into the bottom pad. Those would be pretty hard to find. If someone has a broken one those would be a golden find for sure.
    Old Rig, I by no means was implying that you would sell those parts at the swap. We all know that you mostlikely pack rat stuff just like I do. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    [This message has been edited by superdave013 (edited June 29, 2002).]

Itsahobby
    Don't worrie about breaking the stuff up.
    If you need the strut, it's yours. The bow
    rail stuff has already been taken.
    Anybody converting a Jet to a vdrive has
    got my vote! Just kidding http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
    Jerry
    Originally posted by old rigger:
    superdave013,
    well you're right about one thing, it's very cool for itsahobby to post this stuff here on the board after his bad luck.
    As far as seeing it for sale at the LB swap, it wouldn't be from me, I've never sold there. Just one of the thousasnds every month buy the crap.
    After thinking about it, besides the tanks in the boat, the only other thing that I do have is the fin. Your recomendation on the turnbuckles makes sense, and I would like to run a rail kit, so I don't really need the mounts. My goal is to put a wood deck on, so the bow rail stuff should also go to another who needs it. No reason to break up all the parts for just the strut.
    itsahobby, thank you anyway for the offer, but I'm going to pass and let someone else benefit from your generosity.

thanks jerry, you have mail......

BadBoyzSkiRacer
    i'll take the prop, it will go well on my water ski racer... please contact me
    stevepb@bigpond.net.au

VD CRUISER
    itsahobby, those turnbuckles look like the one's I use. They were made by Nicson way back when. I would be very interested in them. Shoot me an E-mail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast