Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wierd SBC? header bolt pattern

Moneypitt
    Just picked up some SBC? bassetts, funny bolt pattern, 3 in a triangle in the middle, and up and down on the ends. Not the inline SBC pattern. They're not Olds, could they be Pontiac? Bassett P/N 1295......Any help.......or link to an actual Bassett web site..........MP

YeLLowBoaT
    well they are not pontiac.... http://www.bassettracing.com/

steelcomp
    Just picked up some SBC? bassetts, funny bolt pattern, 3 in a triangle in the middle, and up and down on the ends. Not the inline SBC pattern. They're not Olds, could they be Pontiac? Bassett P/N 1295......Any help.......or link to an actual Bassett web site..........MPSounds like a typical race header layout for SBC. They take an adapter plate. They allow for mucho exhaust porting that gets too close to the stock bolt holes to use a standard flange header.
    Ray, do they look like this??
    http://www.secureperformanceorder.co...es/4102514.jpg

MikeF

Moneypitt
    Thats them......So there is an adaptor, I guess I better read the other threads before I go on......But Steelcomp, you nailed them.......Thanks, Ray

Jetdriver
    Guess we all know now! Nice meeting you guys today! Oh and next time come earlier so you can help with the painting.

Moneypitt
    Were we late? I thought we did help, we gave you a reason to take a break and BS about boating..........Thanks again, and check your PMs, Ray

steelcomp
    Thats them......So there is an adaptor, I guess I better read the other threads before I go on......But Steelcomp, you nailed them.......Thanks, Ray
    Ray, got your PM and answered. I might add this...there are two different center port layouts. Standard, and spreadport. It might make a difference when ordering an adapter. If it were me, I'd get ahold of Bassett and find out just what those headers were made for. I don't think it'll make a difference in the end, AFA your heads are concerned, but it might, with which adapter you order. I'll keep looking.

wsuwrhr
    Sounds like a typical race header layout for SBC. They take an adapter plate. They allow for mucho exhaust porting that gets too close to the stock bolt holes to use a standard flange header.
    Ray, do they look like this??
    http://www.secureperformanceorder.co...es/4102514.jpg
    Yep, what he said.
    Brian

Floored
    isn't that the Stahl header adaptor to use a large tube header on a sbc. I think R-M makes one also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast