Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optima batteries

ramsfan
    for Side by sides /UTV
    who uses what ? I am wondering as I need one for my Ride and need something that is able to run HID lights and winch plus other accessories plus the normal battery stuff.
    Basicly what are my best options as far as
    1. red top
    2. yellow top
    3. blue top
    and also what type/ size
    1. 34/78 dual terminal
    2. 75/25 dual terminal
    3. 34 top post
    4. 35 reverse terminal
    5. 34 deep cycle
    6. 31 deep cycle
    there are a few others but I really need what is the best all aroun battery especially for riding the real ruff trails and haveing plenty of power to run a winch and lights as needed
    any help will be appritiated
    Thanks,
    Scott

Jesster
    A cut and paste from Optimas web site.
    Blue Top Type: D34M / D31M
    These batteries are dual purpose. They are designed for engine starting and deep cycling applications and for use in vehicles with large accessory loads.
    Size will depend on what you can get in your aplication.

TexasJet
    Do a search on this site for Optima batteries. This topic has been discussed many many times.

Hallett19
    Dont waste your money on Optimas, they are the worst battery on the market, go Trojan. I have had 2 Optimas, both died early deaths.....they are garbage

Baja Big Dog
    Dont waste your money on Optimas, they are the worst battery on the market, go Trojan. I have had 2 Optimas, both died early deaths.....they are garbage
    Amen, I think were the only guys that have shit luck optima's, or no one else will jump off the bandwagon and admint they are shit.

SOCALDETAIL1
    I have had an Optima in my truck for 3 yrs now no problum, I recently put a Kinetik in my hot rod it has alot of juice.

Jetaholic
    ...go Trojan.
    Ribbed...for her pleasure...

RitcheyRch
    I think most people have problems with Optimas when they overcharge them.

Jesster
    I think most people have problems with Optimas when they overcharge them.
    I believe you have hit the nail on the head. Most of the problems I have heard with them stem from incorrect charging. That said any of the non vented sealed batteries need to be charged correctly so anyone buying one should include the cost of a quality charger and expect 5-7 years out of them. I personally use Odyssey but charged correctly I think they are all good batteries.

RitcheyRch
    They now have batterry chargers specifically for Optima type batteries. I bought a few Ctek battery chargers that are recommended by Optima.
    http://www.ctek.com/us/home.asp
    I believe you have hit the nail on the head. Most of the problems I have heard with them stem from incorrect charging. That said any of the non vented sealed batteries need to be charged correctly so anyone buying one should include the cost of a quality charger and expect 5-7 years out of them. I personally use Odyssey but charged correctly I think they are all good batteries.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast