Thread: trailers

Running_on_Empty
    how do you make a single axle trailer a tandom?

YeLLowBoaT
    Open wallet, poor money out.
    1st thing you need to do is take a bunch of measurements and write them down.
    then you need to cut off the fender and all of the spring hangers and etc.
    go down to the local trailer supply place and buy what you need
    measure, tack weld, measure, finish the welding.

Just add two more tires and wheels... No axels as there are too heavy... Sorry, I couldn't help my self.....
    You might be better off selling that one and buying a tandem...
    Steve

sanger ss396
    i use build trailers and what you need to do is buy a set of fenders and a set of hangers for a double set up and of course another axle be sure to get a hub that is the same bolt pattern you have right now. then you will have to turn the trailer bottom side up. cut off the hangers then weld on the new ones. when you put on the first set of hangers tack them on and make sure they are the same distance then put the spring and axle on measure from the center of the hitch to the end of the axle. you will want to be 1/32 inch or less. weld those mounts down. note you will want to leave the front mounts not tacked down till you get them set the correct distance then do the same for the front axle. the store where you get the axle set up can give you more details. it will take about 5 hours to do this right. you do not want to rush this or else you will be wearing out your tires real fast and the trailer will not tow correct and you will be very unhappy with it. the measurement from the hitch to the end of the axle is very very very important. good luck.

flatrookie
    hey now that you guys are talkin about trailers I was hoping someone could help me find some rims for my trailer I have 5 on 4 1/2 looking I think I need 6 wide looking for 17" or bigger need 4 any info would be great thank you

YeLLowBoaT
    hey now that you guys are talkin about trailers I was hoping someone could help me find some rims for my trailer I have 5 on 4 1/2 looking I think I need 6 wide looking for 17" or bigger need 4 any info would be great thank you
    I've got a couple contacts I can give you for find tires in sac.

Moneypitt
    how do you make a single axle trailer a tandom?
    Rather than how, I ask you WHY?? Single axle trailers work fine, are easier to manuver, cheaper to add new rubber to, cheaper to add new bearings to, and considering you already have one, alot less work than adding another axle. If you must keep up with your neighbor's tandem, just keep an eye out, they pop up all the time in the various classified ad sites, cheap too.......It is eaiser, and alot more forgiving to modify the bunks for your boat.....MP

flatrookie
    I've got a couple contacts I can give you for find tires in sac.
    I would appreciate that greatly

waterloged
    Rather than how, I ask you WHY?? Single axle trailers work fine, are easier to manuver, cheaper to add new rubber to, cheaper to add new bearings to, and considering you already have one, alot less work than adding another axle. If you must keep up with your neighbor's tandem, just keep an eye out, they pop up all the time in the various classified ad sites, cheap too.......It is eaiser, and alot more forgiving to modify the bunks for your boat.....MP
    I agree!!!