Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for some Schiada pics

FrznJim
    It's winter and time for some Schiada pics. This is our red one, had the mask and cap regelled at Pat's Fiberglass and thru transom exhaust by Imco. Next is a floor and back seat.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...re_011-med.jpg

bordsmnj
    more. MORE!!

Looks great Jim i really like the cap look i might have to give
    Don a call.

Wrenchforce
    Is that Cummin's old Schiada? I recognize the ski pole from boat traider. (small details stand out to me).
    Question - how does the through hull exhaust and mufflers cut down on the noise? I have a similar setup and I'm considering through hull exhaust, but part of me doesn't want to go that way. I have ear plugs and I'm happy with that, but lake patrol wouldn't have as much to complaign about if I made the switch.
    Nice rig. Looks really clean. This is getting me all excited for getting mine up and running. Blocks into the machine shop this week. Should be ready this summer, though I expect that they'll let all the water out of Nacimiento with the dam work that they have scheduled. Off to San Antonio or Havasu.
    Sean

Wrenchforce
    With the backseat, check your measurements with the design for adequate clearance. I believe the motor is forward set in your boat since it was setup for ski racing. I don't recall how long the steering column is, but this takes room out of the inside of a 21'. The back seat that I have comes right up against the back of my driver seat. Plus, I have to remove the observer foot pedal. I may eventually may go with a smaller steering column, but this will be a pain, since then I'll have to redue my mechanical plate override and gas pedal adjustments so that I can slide my driver seat forward. Basically, I have concluded that I don't like the back seat, since it's a pain to get around to do plug readings and other stuff to the engine. However - I use the 'no back seat' as a stipulation that if three people want to go for a ride in my boat, one person has to ski. Since my dad drives, mom and I ski, we can rotate on that one. If I want to carry more people, that's what tournament boats are for

Firecracker
    Beautiful! Schiada has one of the best looking boats out there... And red is even better!!
    Looks really nice. I didn't even recognize it from ski racing. It looks so different without the numbers on it! Nice job!

With the backseat, check your measurements with the design for adequate clearance. I believe the motor is forward set in your boat since it was setup for ski racing. I don't recall how long the steering column is, but this takes room out of the inside of a 21'. The back seat that I have comes right up against the back of my driver seat. Plus, I have to remove the observer foot pedal. I may eventually may go with a smaller steering column, but this will be a pain, since then I'll have to redue my mechanical plate override and gas pedal adjustments so that I can slide my driver seat forward. Basically, I have concluded that I don't like the back seat, since it's a pain to get around to do plug readings and other stuff to the engine. However - I use the 'no back seat' as a stipulation that if three people want to go for a ride in my boat, one person has to ski. Since my dad drives, mom and I ski, we can rotate on that one. If I want to carry more people, that's what tournament boats are for
    Thats the way mine is & i like it that way only room for three.

FrznJim
    [QUOTE=Wrenchforce;2363293]Is that Cummin's old Schiada? I recognize the ski pole from boat traider. (small details stand out to me).
    Question - how does the through hull exhaust and mufflers cut down on the noise? I have a similar setup and I'm considering through hull exhaust, but part of me doesn't want to go that way. I have ear plugs and I'm happy with that, but lake patrol wouldn't have as much to complaign about if I made the switch.
    Yeah, this is John Cummings old 397 ski race boat. We only have thru hull exhaust, no mufflers, they really get rid of the bark with the thru hull, the sound from the exhaust is pretty good but there's no mistaking the sound and power when you get into the throttle.

FrznJim
    looks very nice Jim, you in AK or Az ?[/QUOTE]
    Scott,
    We're in AK right now, coming down to AZ the 24th of next month. When do you AZ boys start coming to the river? Is late February, early March too early?? Anyone coming to Parker for the ski races March 10, 11????
    I'm regelling our 85 Schiada in the garage right now. Don @ Pat's FG gave me some secrets so I'm trying my hand at gelcoat, I've only shot the white so far. It gives one a real appreciation for the talent and hard work of the guys in the fiberglass business,
    Jim

sawtooth
    Very clean/nice looking boat there, gives me motavation to think what mine will be like someday. I striped it down to a bare hull between Christmas and New Years, new stringers, new gel, new interior, new motor, blah, blah, blah. I also like the capped look, after removing the rub rail from mine and stairing at it for awhile I new which direction I was going. I would post some pics but have not figured that out yet but then again I still have trouble getting the cap off the asprin.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast