Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biesemeyer History?

superdave013
    Oldrgger, That sounds great! You e-mail is not in your proflie so send me one and I'll reply with my address and Phone#.
    Thanks

spectras only
    Old Rigger,go to my friend's website,www.kazulinboats.com ,all his boats he builds are wood decked.His boats only make it to Lake Tahoe,I'm trying to convince him to show them in california one day.

spectras only
    OR,didn't Miller buy the 20 spectra mold? I've seen pics of his boats with wood decks and looks really good.The dash setback you're talking about is like the Hondo flatbottoms did in the 70's? I'd like to see pictures when you finished your project. Tony just sold a 23 Adriatic at a recent Seattle floating boatshow to a Lake Tahoe resident.He's just completing another one right now for a local bloke.

Old rigger, Some of old Howard wood decks from the mid 60s had that deck lip you are talking about. I have a 66 Howard W/D with that overhang, makes the deck look a bit longer. Great old boat.

Old Rigger, I've owned the boat since about 1985. It was down right ugly when I drug it home. Had some sort of early 70s style paint layout on it [a bad acid trip, maybe?] As this thing was following me home I kept asking myself "what was I thinking?" My wife asked the same thing when she first saw it. L.S.S...stripped the paint, primed it so it was one color from many and discovered the hull had some beautiful lines, funny how something takes on a whole new look with just paint or in this case primer. Of the very few Howard wood deck boats mine is the only one I've seen with no divider between the front and rear seat. Do you know anything about this? After driving this boat I fell in love with it. Not real fast as its a heavy old log but it handles and rides like no other flat I've driven. Howard Brown knows his stuff. I have since glassed the deck over as it had to sit outside for most of the years I've owned it but now it is pampered inside a new shop so I may redo the wood deck as time permits. After various engines in it I now run 514" Ford. Turns the 25% gears about 6800 rpm. Your neighbor's boat sounds nice and some day I would like to make a trip to S.Cal to see it and others for myself. I have enjoyed reading your posts, you are truly a wealth of knowledge, Thanks, Bob

Re: Biesemeyer History?

In 1957 I bought a 14' Biesemeyer from Dewey's Desert Outboards in Tucson Arizona. It was equipped with a 50 hp Evinrude OB and we used it for skiing all year round..sometimes with wet suits! This 14 footer had the split hull and deck covered with a white band of heavy rubber. I made an alteration to the 4 seats which were separated by a walk through. The seating area was configured to two bench seats and I added two nine gallon gas tanks with fillers between these two seats. Prior to this alteration, the engine and outboard fuel tanks made the aft portion of the boat heavier. Putting more weight center make for more speed and better balance. The ride was always good in mirror like conditions, but a bit of sea with that flat bottom made it ride like a truck. I had the boat for almost 20 years and loved it.

ccborden9@yahoo.com

Re: Biesemeyer History?

I have an old 1962 Biesmeyer straight shaft small block Chevy with a Flagship transmission. The boat sounds very similar to Chris' Biesmeyer. I haven't been able to find anyone else with a similar boat. I also have access to another Biesmeyer that may be just like Chris' with the v drive. If I can make contact with Chris, I have pictures to send. Thank you. Dean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12