Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Rig Drivers?????????

ShutYaPieHole
    Im going into the trucking bussiness. I'll be owner/operated. I have a chance to purchase a package deal. It's a 1999 freigthliner cat c-12 motor 600,000 miles and a transcraft 45' stationary tandem axle trailer for 27k. I wanna know if the trailer is to small or are their better deals out there. Is there work for a 45' trailer or does the size of the trailer matter. Please let me know your opinions.
    THE TRAILER IS MORE OF A CONCERN THAN THE TRUCK I CAN GO NEWER ON THAT.....

BigBlockBaja
    Im going into the trucking bussiness. I'll be owner/operated. I have a chance to purchase a package deal. It's a 1999 freigthliner cat c-12 motor 600,000 miles and a transcraft 45' stationary tandem axle trailer for 27k. I wanna know if the trailer is to small or are their better deals out there. Is there work for a 45' trailer or does the size of the trailer matter. Please let me know your opinions.
    THE TRAILER IS MORE OF A CONCERN THAN THE TRUCK I CAN GO NEWER ON THAT.....
    Worked for big freight companies for years.....I would never buy my own truck. I like to be paid if the truck breaks down. I like to work on the boat and enjoy it on the weekends instead of doing PM's on a truck. I like for the company to pay my health benifits,Fuel, taxes, parts, insurance, 401k's etc.... 45' trailer? Lots of shippers base there loads on 53's from what Ive seen. Ive talked to OO's and all they brag about is the money they make, but then I tell them what I get and they walk away.. Talk to some company drivers before ya take the plunge.. Just my .02

Red Horse
    Have to go with a 53 foot float at least.
    I used to drive a wrecker. That was some good money. 1.75 a LOADED mile to some places and then like 50 bucks in town not including hookup fee.

BigBlockBaja
    Have to go with a 53 foot float at least.
    I used to drive a wrecker. That was some good money. 1.75 a LOADED mile to some places and then like 50 bucks in town not including hookup fee.
    Heavy duty towing is good money too..... F*ck OTR.....

TwinMach26DCB
    I own a third party logistics company -- We're a broker.. Handle in excess of 2500 loads per month and I wouldn't TAKE and run the truck you're thinking of buying-- literally, if you GAVE it to me..... Swift, Market, Conway, Schneider, Rail -- These guys will take a run that NO WAY PENCILS out on it's own merit because they NEED the backhaul... There is just so little room for the 1 horse dog and pony show out there... When you take a second and check on cargo, liability insurance, let alone the maintenance and expenses not far away with a 600K truck -- Road taxes -- phone, billing, --- not to mention the exposure and risk you take on EVERY load.....
    UNLESS you have a GUARANTEED, round trip contract rate with an established shipper, take it and play blackjack... It'll be a much quicker and more painless demise..
    My .02

Red Horse
    Heavy duty towing is good money too..... F*ck OTR.....
    Recovery and winch time is where it is at. That and arrest weeks. Could haul 2 at a time and MAKE 60 a car not including storage.

H20 Toie
    you willl screw yoursrlf it if tyou do a 45 of even a 48' you hald fto have a53'

BigBlockBaja
    you willl screw yoursrlf it if tyou do a 45 of even a 48' you hald fto have a53'
    He will screw himself in the long run if he buys his own tractor....

boatsnblondes
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attac...chmentid=10859
    Trucks are too small for my tastes......and if you are wondering, yes, I am running it..taken last year by a railbuff buddy who climbed up there to grab a shot of me as I went by...nice train as I recall, but big...it stretches all the way back and out of sight.....

ShutYaPieHole
    I Welcome All Opinions And Comments. Keep Them Coming......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast