Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealership Question?????

Gman
    If I have a bought and paid for 2002 Chevy 2500 HD sitting on 35's that I have been unable to sell in the auto trader. Can I take it to a dealer and trader it in for a car that costs less? Say low blue book on it is 20k. Can I trade it in for a 10k car? Will they give me the difference? Is this something you can do? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

OutCole'd
    If I have a bought and paid for 2002 Chevy 2500 HD sitting on 35's that I have been unable to sell in the auto trader. Can I take it to a dealer and trader it in for a car that costs less? Say low blue book on it is 20k. Can I trade it in for a 10k car? Will they give me the difference? Is this something you can do? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    Sure, most dealers would cut you a check for the difference. I'm doing that with a new Tahoe now. I don't want to put anything down on a lease so they are cutting me a check for what ever equity I have on my trade in.

Cole Trickle
    Alot of dealerships will buy trade in's with no purchase required.
    Carmax does this alot.
    Sadly dealers are not giving trade in value right now on trucks and V8 cars.(Due to gas prices so there not selling)
    Also the lift will probablt hurt trade in value.
    Good luck

dumbandyoung
    What kind of car do you want? What area are you in?

uvindex
    ...getting you both ways...
    So true.

Gman
    What kind of car do you want? What area are you in?
    In my dream world a Escalade!! But just looking to get rid of the gas guzzler and get a good mpg car or truck. I live in Escondido and commute to Old town every day. Gas is killing me!

Ziggy
    Seeing threads like this always make me giggle. We dealers are such crooks
    GMAN, if a dealer wants to do business with you they most likely will take the trade and cut a check for the difference, not usually a big deal. We do it quite regularly as a matter of fact.

CBadDad
    Don't get hosed on a trade in. If you can't sell it, the dealer knows that and will treat you accordingly.
    Buy a motorcycle.
    Keep the truck for rainy days (like today).

CBadDad
    GMAN, if a dealer wants to do business with you they most likely will take the trade and cut a check for the difference, not usually a big deal. We do it quite regularly as a matter of fact.
    In that case, I'd suggest you drive your truck down to O'side and have Ziggy hook you up with an M3. He'll even give you some change back, l at Micky D's.

No Name
    Buy a motorcycle.
    A motorcycle to commute? That could be a little risky with all the azzholes out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast