Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on 22' advantage citation bowrider

Cole Trickle
    I had a buddy go down to Shockwave and look at a used Advantage.
    Boat looks pretty clean and only has about 150 hours on the clock.
    How does this boat perform with a 6.2 (320hp) and a bravo 1.
    Anything extra good or bad about this hull?
    What kind of speed loaded with the 6.2?
    http://www.shockwaveboats.com/used%2...ter%20copy.jpg
    Thank you!!! (I tried to talk him into a 25' Tremor but his wife is holding him pretty tight budget wise:devil: )
    Who at shockwave could give him the best HB deal now that Barry is gone?

djunkie
    I bet it will be a sled with the 6.2. I'd try to find something with more power. Just my 2 pesos.

HMF'er
    Probably be lucky to see 60mph with that setup. I've seen that boat and it appears clean.

Cole Trickle
    I bet it will be a sled with the 6.2. I'd try to find something with more power. Just my 2 pesos.
    What kind of HP is your Taco Wagon running?
    I know the Howard is more efficent but you think a 320hp 22 ft boat will be a turd?
    This is the guys first boat and he dosen't seem to have a huge desire to go fast.(I tried to get him into something used with the 502/496)

djunkie
    What kind of HP is your Taco Wagon running?
    I know the Howard is more efficent but you think a 320hp 22 ft boat will be a turd?
    This is the guys first boat and he dosen't seem to have a huge desire to go fast.(I tried to get him into something used with the 502/496)
    I have an 18 year old 454 mag in mine. 365hp I think(when it was new) and my boat will hit 70. That 22 is a lot bigger than mine and pushes a lot of water.

Cole Trickle
    I've got a couple of buddies with 22 Citations, the hulls are built really solid and seem to handle a good deal of abuse, but they take a lot of power/proper set up to get them up on top of the water. they track pretty flat almost like a cat, rather than lean like most Vs do in a turn. My one buddy has owned his for approx 15 years, all in all it has been a pretty good boat.
    Well that's my 2 cents
    ~Bilge
    what do you think about one with a 6.2?:idea:

Cole Trickle
    I have an 18 year old 454 mag in mine. 365hp I think(when it was new) and my boat will hit 70. That 22 is a lot bigger than mine and pushes a lot of water.
    That boat is begging for a 450hp rebuild!!!:devil:
    *After you move out!!!

ToMorrow44
    I got a buddy who owns one with a 496HO. The boat is a taller bulky boat unlike most 22 footers which is good for the churned up water at Havasu or the River. I don't remember exactly a top speed but I want to say somewhere around 65mph. Not the fastest boat but good for rough water and lots of space as a family boat. The 6.2L would be a little small. Like it was said earlier, try to find one with more power.

djunkie
    That boat is begging for a 450hp rebuild!!!:devil:
    *After you move out!!!
    Trust me, I already have combination ready for it when this ole 454 finally retires. And its just a tad more than 450hp.

Cole Trickle
    Trust me, I already have combination ready for it when this ole 454 finally retires. And its just a tad more than 450hp.
    I can tell already your gonna keep that boat forever

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast