Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strut braces ??? and pix

flattie
    Im getting ready to build a strut brace in my V-drive and would like to get some ideas before I either take a step in the wrong or right direction could anyone post some pics of there braces. I saw the one on ebay and thats not really what Im looking for. So any help would be appreciated

sc fab 1
    if you want extreme, this is what is in store for my flattie. its not the traditional flat hardware, but this is my style.
    http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...Picture048.jpg

Racey
    if you want extreme, this is what is in store for my flattie. its not the traditional flat hardware, but this is my style.
    Looks cool, but a b!tch to reach under and clean with those sharp edges i bet.

WHITIE
    SC FAB,
    Pay attention to those braces close, if you put some power to that boat you will break those pretty easy. Looks like some places are only a half inch of material.. I broke my motor rails that were thin like that already.. Just my .02 cents.

WannabeRacing
    With strut braces, anything is better than nothing. But the better you keep that thing fixed, the more true the boat will run.
    The one we just did is similar to this, (actually bolts one through the front and one through the rear of the strut brace, and ties into the aluminum running the stringers. Similar in design, but different as ours is a drop through strut.) But not quite as tall, and with basic lightening rather than the nice decorations on the one above, but it happens to be 6AL-4V titanium.
    Seen lots of different ones. Some light and simple, some more intense. But one thing of note, I took apart an old superstock boat just recently and found that the strut brace of 1/4 aluminum was broken all the way through on both sides of the brace. These things do see some violent force.

GofastRacer
    That might work for drag racing maybe on glass water???, but that wouldn't last one heat in a circle race!..

Welded up a few engine plates with alot of mill bling added to them. Cracked in odd places.
    I think the problem lies in the fact that there is alot of stress in the drive train for sure and also a ton of harmonics running through the whole boat.

superdave013
    look at you haters.
    If Prime Marine would have posted that pic ya'll would be swooning around their nuts.
    Carry on

GofastRacer
    look at you haters.
    If Prime Marine would have posted that pic ya'll would be swooning around their nuts.
    Carry on
    Wanna bet!..

Rattle Can Lou
    My man Art woulda reached down thier throat and ripped their spleen out. He' a no nonsence kida fella...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast