Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody remember thos care packages for the troops I sent out?

DILLIGAF
    Well, I got back a letter from one of the soldiers yesterday thanking us for sending it out. He really appreciated the goodies along with the socks. Made my day yesterday but.....
    7 of the boxes came back to us. I hope they just got relocated before the boxes got there as opposed to a KIA situation.
    If you do something like this make sure you secure the boxes reall good. They look like they took a major beating and were pretty worn out.

lilrick
    hopefully the boxes weren't full of bullet holes!!

Debbolas
    I bet that made your day! (the soliders thank you note)
    Next time we have to hit Matt up for some Turkey Jerky to send.

DILLIGAF
    I bet that made your day! (the soliders thank you note)
    Next time we have to hit Matt up for some Turkey Jerky to send.
    Thanks Deb. I will let you know. I sent them some of those Costco bags of jerky. Not nearly as good as the turkey jerky of course

Debbolas
    When we first sent troops, Sheltons sent them some Jerky and they loved it. I've sent it to my cousin's son who was over there. It's a great source of protein and keeps well in that environment.

Her454
    Tom, thats pretty cool you got an acknowledgment from them. Maybe I missed it, but 7 out of how many originally?

dirty old man
    G/F sends about 1 a week, full hot HB and PB mags, Autoweeks, candie, etc, and has had a few letters back. Always appreciated. Post office supplies a box that you can stuff for only $8.00 postage.

Eliminator 4 Life
    Tom if you do it again please let me know I would like to put some things together.

Schiada76
    Contact Operation Military Pride.
    All the ones I sent have not been returned, e-mail address is the easiest response from the recipient.
    Never did hear from the little kid we sent all the xmas gifts to though.:idea:

DILLIGAF
    Tom, thats pretty cool you got an acknowledgment from them. Maybe I missed it, but 7 out of how many originally?
    20....We got current info from a group that sends packages over into Iraq. Put in apx $50. worth of stuff in each box...socks, paper, jerky, nuts, pencils, stamps, deoderant, crackers, etc
    I wanted to include cig's but the State Dept said no tobacco. I have a problem with that. No cig's but they can get shot at. If they want a cig while taking a break they should be able to have one. This really pissed me off

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast