Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: convert from jet to v-drive

sleekcraft76
    i have a 21' omega daycruiser jet that i want to convert to v drive how do i know the right place to mount the strut and rudder and engine placment or which v-drive angle do i need? the boat was available in a v-drive or jet it has the recesses in the bottom for cav plates . any info, links to sights , or used parts for sale would be helpfull. thanks

ColeTR2
    i have a 21' omega daycruiser jet that i want to convert to v drive how do i know the right place to mount the strut and rudder and engine placment or which v-drive angle do i need? the boat was available in a v-drive or jet it has the recesses in the bottom for cav plates . any info, links to sights , or used parts for sale would be helpfull. thanks
    SuperDave can tell you it's no easy project and will cost you alot of $$$$
    more then what the boat will be worth when it done.

dmontzsta
    yeah, that is definately no walk in the park. It would be cheaper (considering the amount of time and parts) to buy a good V-Drive.

coolchange
    ^^^^ What they said.
    Transgender boats are expensive. You are starting from less than zero. Meaning you have a lot of time and money getting rid of the jet part before you even sart the v drive part.

wsuwrhr
    ^^^^ What they said.
    Transgender boats are expensive. You are starting from less than zero. Meaning you have a lot of time and money getting rid of the jet part before you even sart the v drive part.
    Yea yea what they they said,
    Unless you are in love with that hull, sell it and buy a v-drive hull with running gear already in it.
    You will be dollars ahead.
    Brian

DansBlown73Nordic
    If anyone can do it he can.

superdave013
    if you can find a boat like yours (that works well) that would be the one to measure up for the strut. If not then we all can measure ours and you can roll with the numbers that give you the warm and fuzzies.
    cav plate hardware costs tripple (maybe more) then what you think it should. If you have a lathe and mill along with lots of time you can make most things yourself.

sleekcraft76
    thanks superdave and dan i just happen to be a cnc toolmaker and the way i see it is that the upgrade kit and diverter for the pump is over 2200.00 so why not! just looking for some help

DansBlown73Nordic
    Mike you should post some pictures of your past projects. I can measure on my Schiada if you want.

DeltaSigBoater
    [QUOTE=HUFFPOWER]So ya wanna be a v-driver ? I'll try to give you some costs on the items you'll need to do your project. I'll assume your going to use a Turbo 400 tranny.
    1. Art Carr Turbo 400 tranny, set up for v-drive application, if you don't have one, 2000.00
    2. Casale Box, unpolished, 2500.00 (new)
    3. Stainless Prop, 2 0r 3 bladed (Menkins) 750.00-1000.00
    4. Prop Shaft 500.00-1000.oo, depending on lenght and material
    5. Drive shaft, drive shaft telescoping cover, 500.00
    6. Electric actuator for cav plates, 500.00
    7. Stainless cav plate material, if you make them yourself, 2ea, 15" wide x 33" long, i think there 3/16 or 1/4 thick, about 225.00, polishing the plates about 150.00
    8. The associated hardware for attaching the plates to the transom actuating bar, 500.00-1000.00
    9. Rudder, rudder mounting hardware, 1000.00
    10. Tranny cooler and associated braided lines, 750.00
    11. New engine mounts, 500.00
    QUOTE]
    Having the boat you want... PRICELE$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast