Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plasma or Lcd

ELVIS
    looking for a 46'' to 50 '' tv. pros or cons on plasma v lcd ?
    what about Vizio, any ideas ? thanks

blown65
    Sony SXRD 55", LCD
    Same but 60"

Havasu1986
    You can do a search..this topic has come up alot lately.

ELVIS
    it seems like you can get a little bit bigger plasma for the same money, but i have heard that plasmas burn out faster, any feed back on pros or cons.
    thanks

Havasu1986
    it seems like you can get a little bit bigger plasma for the same money, but i have heard that plasmas burn out faster, any feed back on pros or cons.
    thanks
    Psssst...read post #4. Most of the t.v. guys show up in the afternoon.

Jyruiz
    LCD if you are going to use it in a room that is bright (bright from the light of a lot of windows) and can't control the ligthing. Plasma if you want a better picture quality.

Jyruiz
    i have heard that plasmas burn out faster, any feed back on pros or cons.
    thanks
    It use to be that way, now plasmas last 60,000 hours, that comes out to about 7 hours a day for 20 years.

ULTRA26 # 1
    thanks
    IMO The highest quality LCD's have the best picture by far. I prefer the picture of equal quality LCD's, but both are good. My choice was based on room size and price. Family room, plasma, bedroom LCD. If price is not an issue, then 1020 LCD all the way. With regard to Vizios, I don't believe they are consistant. Have seen some nice ones and know of some bad ones. Good price but a bit of a gamble. If you go that route, buy from a store with a good return policy. I heard that Costco is good this way.
    JM

Havasu1986
    LCD if you are going to use it in a room that is bright (bright from the light of a lot of windows) and can't control the ligthing. Plasma if you want a better picture quality.
    Elvis..jyruiz is the 1 of the guys I was refering to who has done alot of excellent posts on here. I don't understand the t.v. lingo ..but I trust him from his earlier posts..even though he's from Norwalk and I grew up in Bellflower.

melbatoast
    LCD DLP I have a Samsung 50" but i did have to replace the bulb twice. It was under warrenty, turned out the fan died so the tv kept over-heating

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast