Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should i worry?

cxr133
    My wife goes out to the car this morning to goto the gym...
    and the glove compartment is open and empty!!!
    looks like some thieves stole the manual, registration info and insurance info w/ other non-essential papers, makeup.. etc.
    is this something i should be worried about for identity theft?
    can/should i report this??
    thanks for the info

little rowe boat
    If your ss# was on any of it, I would definately be worried.

BADASS38CHEVY
    Alot of that sh*t has been happening lately.Alot of cars have been broken into at the work out gyms because they know that alot of people leave there purses and personal stuff in there when working out..I seen a home made video on the internet were a guy just goes around busting a window out in a parking lot and steals everything.He is only in a car for about 30 seconds and goes to the next one.

Southwest47
    I would report it just to protect yourself in case the dirtbag does try to steal your identity. Was your garage door opener in the vehicle? If so, and it's gone, he now has a key to your house.

Wet Dream
    Was the window or sunroof open? Doors unlocked, or did they break a window? From the sounds of it, your wife was going to the gym, so this happened in front of your home?

cxr133
    thanks guys...
    first thing we checked was the garage opener.. it was still there.
    nothing broken so im guessing we left the car unlocked after coming in (it was a long day at the boat show.. then dinner and drinks after at citywalk)
    It was in front of our house... my wife drove about a block or two down the street and saw some things just thrown in the street like one of her make-up bags, registration and insurance card. Manual still gone and we are scratchine our heads of what else was in there... we know about a jacket and some CD's. We dont think there was a spare key.
    Called the local PD and they said it was minor and we could report it or not?? im leaning towards not.. i dunno

maxwedge
    I bet it was a cop. They love that kinda stuff for some reason. They are always asking me if they can see mine when I get pulled over. Some weird fetish cops have for looking at registrations and insurance cards. Probably a female or transvestite cop, since they took the makeup too.

imbndvs
    Watch out for identity theft!!!
    I had a similar thing happen, a week or so later I started getting cell phone bills in the mail. They got several small loans and credit cards were applied for.
    Be safe and contact ALL credit reporting agencies NOW to put an alert on your credit reports.

H20Advantage
    Always report it even if it is minor. We had a guy hitting a neighborhood and doing the same thing with unlocked vehicles.
    It took about a month but we discovered a Uhaul and storage unit full of stuff he had stolen and also found he used a victim's name to rent the Uhaul and an apartment in another town

SummitKarl
    My wife goes out to the car this morning to goto the gym...
    and the glove compartment is open and empty!!!
    looks like some thieves stole the manual, registration info and insurance info w/ other non-essential papers, makeup.. etc.
    is this something i should be worried about for identity theft?
    can/should i report this??
    thanks for the info
    Well they have your name, your address, your Lic.# at the very least, and maybe some credit card reciepts (gas purchase) yea I would be worried.....call your bank, and all 3 credit reporting agencies, and password protect your credit....ie no one will issue credit without the password, I was lucky when it happened to me, I caught it the same day, but by then I owned 6 cell phones I did not purchase, it could have been alot worse, but I locked my credit within 24hrs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast