Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBQ Grill Choice

25dic
    Check consumer reports, they ranked Vermont Castings very high ranked the Costco grill so-so.

voodoomedman
    Stay away from Sam's Club. I burned through one in less than 9 months.
    Good luck!
    That's because you take the metal rods out of them to beat things with at work.

RT21
    I have the Broil Mate which is the same as the Broilking, very good bbq for the price, best thing is when I need parts they are always in stock at bbq galore. Funny you mention the Turbo I have been looking at that one for my next grill.?
    I can't recommend the Turbo. In fact every time I use it I want to throw it against the wall. It has major hot spot issues, guess it wouldnt be that big of a deal except I keep forgeting where it is. On the plus side, the ignitor works every time.
    Also, I went to a buddies house and he had the same Q. I just commented that I had the same one and before I could say anything he told me it had hot spots also.
    When I use the broilking at the river house, I am always like "what a relief". I always know what it is going to do.

NoCal NoBoat
    O/K, I'll concede that it's not a real BBQ, but I'll put in a word for my Weber Silver series with the side burner and the smoker insert. Bought it last Easter, and it did a nice job on the leg of lamb. Haven't had a problem with hot spots, and haven't burnt a chicken since I started using it. Convenient for after-work griling, timewise. But the Southerners are right "it's not real BBQ"...
    My dealer wasn't carrying Traeger at the time, and they would have sold me one if they were.

a catered life
    the most important things to look for are cooking surface area, adjustable burners, btu output #, replacement parts availability, possible heigth adjustments for grill, thiskness of metal, and the grill is made with welds not screws's...if you buy a well made grill with many of these areas in mind the name of the grill wont matter
    that my $.02

OGShocker
    That's because you take the metal rods out of them to beat things with at work.
    I chased a FedEx driver off today!

Sotally Tober
    Use a Weber kettle for charcoal, and Vermont Castings during the winter when its a pain in the ass to light charcoal. Very happy with both. The VC has a lot of nice features for a gas grill. I hooked it up to my natural gas so it never needs filled.

TOBTEK
    Looks like the Costco model gives you a lot of "bang" for the buck, but I really like my Lynx ProSear, just not quite as pocketbook friendly
    http://www.grillsdirect.com/specialt...iew&key=NRG014
    you must be rich buying Lynx shitz! big baller, shot caller!!

Screaming Pete
    Might want to check out the Grand Turbo's at Bar B Ques Galiore, lttle pricy but worth it i think.. Just seen where your at call Robby at Backyard Splash. he's your man in that area. Jordy got his spa from him too....

Mrs.Racer277
    I chased a FedEx driver off today!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast