Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mopar power

AngryJosh
    I need some thoughts on running bigblock mopar power in my boat. I would love to be traditional and run a chevy or ford, but I like Mopar...
    That being said, I would like honest opinions, and pros and cons to running a 440 or greater bigblock mopar.Anybody have experience with this?
    In case it matters its a 20ft liberator tunnel hull
    Thanks

steelcomp
    Mopar has always been somewhat of an underdog, but when it comes to steppiing up to the plate, they've always held their own. There are some very state of the art performance parts available, and I don't see why you couldn't build as nice a Mopar motor as anything else out there. You'll just have to spend a little more, and do a lot more homework to find out what's out there that works, and what guys are running. I think it's a great idea.
    Go for it!

LakesOnly
    Start putting out feelers for marine parts (motor plates, headers, etc.) immediately. I think they are more difficult to locate than most other engine brands.
    LO

wsuwrhr
    I love Mopars.
    Brian

infotraker
    I've had a mopar in my '68 Schiada flat since I built it in '68. Started with a 413 bored to 426. Then a 440 bored to 454 (current) now with 2 edlebrocks on tunnel with good cam. Not using it as much now that I have a Sanger pickle hydro. Have not had to look for any parts recently other than a vdrive rebuild by Tom in Auburn.

WaterBox
    Yea, what wsuwrhr said... Go for it Dude. Dare to be different. :crossx:Nothing wrong with running a MOPAR.

Kindsvater Flat
    I like mopars. Have had pretty good luck up until the last motor. BTW from what I heard the shop that did the work went out of business. Brian can make most of the parts. If not Glenwood carries them all.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/440/lines/44.JPG

wsuwrhr
    that pic just gives me a stiffie.
    I can't WAIT to get the motor in my flat.
    Don't get yourself down, you can fix the old Mope, no problem. She will run again.
    Brian
    I like mopars. Have had pretty good luck up until the last motor. BTW from what I heard the shop that did the work went out of business. Brian can make most of the parts. If not Glenwood carries them all.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/440/lines/44.JPG

wsuwrhr
    I'm liking all this Mopar motor interest.
    Too many damn chevys out there.
    This summer is going to be good.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast