Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance

1978 Rogers
    Mike- What happened? Is State Farm not working out? I wonder if I am still covered.
    Trav
    We have State Farms for our Auto, House & life ins. I was told SF doesn't insure any open engine boats or HP boats.

Jordy
    Progressive
    $248/year
    Yes on the OT
    No on pics!
    Yes
    I had heard that they were no longer doing policies on these types of boats, but it is worth a shot.
    I tried to insure my Schiada through Progressive when I had it and got a check back about 3 weeks into it because of an open engine compartment, even though they never saw the boat, never asked what it had, just cancelled me. It did have an open engine compartment but water jacketed exhaust and TT tips. Oh well, their loss.

Brooski
    Who's got it?
    What company?
    How much?
    Do you have over the transom headers?
    Did the company require photos of your boat?
    Were there any horsepower limitations?
    Do you have a lay up for part of the year?
    I'm looking for a new company. thanks for the help.
    -mike
    AAA
    $120 per year
    Liability and Property Damage only
    OTs
    Photos yes
    Unknown, mine is listed as having 370 hp
    No layup
    I have everything insured thru them. I believe you have to already be insured thru them, and the river cannot be the primary place you take the boat.

AAA. Don't remember the total, but less than $300/yr. I don't have OTs so I don't know.... photo required. River is OK, except for Parker. They made a point of asking about Parker.
    Looks like I'll be getting my money's worth out of AAA now.... :cry:

AAA is on da real!... we are giving 345 a year with a bone stock 330hp BBC
    i brought my boat to the diamond bar branch and did not even have the OT headers on and they did not even ask me about them, ive got a set of old logs for you to bolt on mike, just screw them in and tell them you are in the middle of hoggin some holes in that nice hull!
    Todd

moneysucker
    Mike, do all the home work and then give me the info so I can get insured. When you get it see if you get some kind of deal for refferals.
    I tried Progressive, I had them tricked into it but decided that if anything did happen where I needed to make a claim they would just tell me that the boat I am claiming to have dammaged is not the one they insured.
    USAA told me "Fat chance on insurance on my boat" then they added "One more accident on my auto insurance and They are dropping me." That was 2 accidents ago.

I have progressive ins. MidCentury/Farmers ins would not carry me, they farmed it to progressive for me. No pic required, agreed value, ooh and I can't race it, they know it's a drag boat
    Sleek

flat broke
    I see a little inuendo on here about folks "fudging" things a bit to get a policy. If you're doing this, you might as well keep the annual premium and invest it. Because if you are provided insurance based upon erroneous or fraudulent information, there is a VERY high likelyhood your insurance company will not only drop you, but will also deny your claim. The whole idea behind insurance, is that you're paying a little to make sure someone can cover your ass if something bad happens. No sense bothering to pay if you've lied on your app, or misrepresented yourself and ultimately any claim you file is denied.
    Just my .02
    Chris

cyclone
    thanks for the info guys. No i want to be fully insured with no bs on my part that way if something does go wrong and i need to make a claim, I don't have to lie about what parts are really my engine and whatnot.

I see a little inuendo on here about folks "fudging" things a bit to get a policy. If you're doing this, you might as well keep the annual premium and invest it. Because if you are provided insurance based upon erroneous or fraudulent information, there is a VERY high likelyhood your insurance company will not only drop you, but will also deny your claim. The whole idea behind insurance, is that you're paying a little to make sure someone can cover your ass if something bad happens. No sense bothering to pay if you've lied on your app, or misrepresented yourself and ultimately any claim you file is denied.
    Just my .02
    Chris
    No lie on my part, they know exacty what my boat is, and that it was built as a drag boat. I'm not covered at all if the boat is raced. My main goal was theft, and if something happen on the road.
    Sleek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12