Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I-40 rest areas! WHY is one ALWAYS closed?

nodigg
    Is Caltrans trying to say its too expensive to maintain both of them at the same time? Can anyone remember seeing them both open at the same time?
    They make it impossible to pull over to the side if you get tired by cutting berms and installing curbs and then close the rest areas!? Let's talk safety please!

nodigg
    don't tell us you do doed your pants, the ones on i-15 are always closed to:idea:
    Oh HEL* no! I am not afraid to use the natural terrain but parking is a bit dangerous.

dicudmore
    Is Caltrans trying to say its too expensive to maintain both of them at the same time? Can anyone remember seeing them both open at the same time?
    They make it impossible to pull over to the side if you get tired by cutting berms and installing curbs and then close the rest areas!? Let's talk safety please!
    I do remember both open, but I'm talking 2 summers ago...they are that way on the 15 as well--and you never know week to week which one will be open--if either of 'em

DILLIGAF
    I can't remember the last time it was open Rick

nodigg
    I can't remember the last time it was open Rick
    Is Dee sitting next to you? Your memory is SHITE when she is around.

Racer277
    The first big weekend of the one lane closure, traffic was backed up there for over an hour (we turned back to Havi).
    I could tell that the septics had filled (bad)...
    It hasn't been opened since then. I'm sure that once they fill, they won't drain properly again so they need replacing, but ask your buddy Homer, he would know best.
    It is pretty silly that we will go back into the busy season, with road closures, and the rest areas are still closed...

Racer277
    Sorry Rick (Homer), I thought I was replying to Tom!
    BTW, the new boat looks awesome!
    Congrats!

DILLIGAF
    Is Dee sitting next to you? Your memory is SHITE when she is around.
    It ain't about looking back Rick...only looking forward

dumbandyoung
    Last 4th of July weekend, I was in traffic going up the pass. I couldn't hold it and we were moving 2 mph. So I pulled over and dropped a duce on the side of the road. I had to dig in my duffel bag for my least favorite shirt to wipe.

nodigg
    The first big weekend of the one lane closure, traffic was backed up there for over an hour (we turned back to Havi).
    I could tell that the septics had filled (bad)...
    It hasn't been opened since then. I'm sure that once they fill, they won't drain properly again so they need replacing, but ask your buddy Homer, he would know best.
    It is pretty silly that we will go back into the busy season, with road closures, and the rest areas are still closed...
    I know where they can get a bigger tank TOMMORROW!:idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast