Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would be interested in a Boat Raffle?

WYRD
    Ok ideas for selling a boat in todays market. I have been trying to sell my 74 Hondo Jucazzi Jet for a while now (not active just on here and a couple of other web sites) with out any real serious takers. Thinking of doing a Raffle for $100 per ticket, once I sell 35 tickets ($3,500)we pick a ticket and just like that someone wins a boat for $100 bucks. just curious if I would get 35 people with interest. If not enough tickets were sold within a set time say four months money would be refunded for those who already purchased one:idea:

phebus
    You could try, but I think you would have a hard time selling enough tickets. I know 35 doesn't sound like much, but I think it would be hard to find people that want to take a $100.- chance.
    Good luck.

ChumpChange
    Although I can't comment on this exact boat since photbucket pictures don't show up on my work computer, I think the raffle interest is lost when you're selling a jet boat.
    With a high end boat, this idea works as seen over on OSO.

acatitude
    damn don't give LATER any ideas

LAND_LOVER69
    damn don't give LATER any ideas
    Someone had to say it!

SB
    $100 to get $3,500 is about the same odds as roulette.
    I'd be more likely to buy a ticket on a $35,000 boat, even if the odds were worse, lottery mentality I guess.

HM
    Does it bother you that it would be illegal?
    Most raffles where you pay for the ticket are illegal because they were abused by the pyramid scam type of people. You usually have to have proceeds going to a recognized non-profit organization. You see them all the time, but the people usually have no idea that it is illegal to do.

HCS
    Bring that boat up here to my house. I'll sell in in a heart beat!!!
    Just sold a jet last summer in alot worse condition for the same price in 3 weeks.
    $3500.00.
    Just park it in my driveway it will sell.

It's Me
    Ok ideas for selling a boat in todays market. I have been trying to sell my 74 Hondo Jucazzi Jet for a while now (not active just on here and a couple of other web sites) with out any real serious takers. Thinking of doing a Raffle for $100 per ticket, once I sell 35 tickets ($3,500)we pick a ticket and just like that someone wins a boat for $100 bucks. just curious if I would get 35 people with interest. If not enough tickets were sold within a set time say four months money would be refunded for those who already purchased one:idea:
    What area do you live in?. $3500 firm?.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast