Thread: My Take on the L.A. Boatshow

Racey
    just got back from the boatshow, some things i thought were cool were merc's new nxt drives, they look like a pretty good step between the bravo and VI drive. Herbst's 40 hallett looked nice capped without molding. and with the nice stainless tower/bimini (the guys that made that thing do pretty dam good work with stainless), But I think the best thing i saw all show long was the two Nordics tucked away in the back, the 43' cat looked pretty sweet with a full windshield instead of pods, had simple clean lines, i think they have a good start if the thing performs well, cause it looks killer, but the 47' cyclone v-bottom was really what caught my eye, it's about time someone made a new simple clean lined big hi performance - boat, nothing too fancy and totally functional with staggered motors it still room for beyond a full sized cockpit, I wanna see how it rides having no chines, forget having no steps either. Skiers Dream for Catalina.

Riverkid
    47 footer is too long for the Catalina Race... Unless they change insurance carriers again...