Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5x7 or 6.5

cc322
    Was wondering why the guy at AL & Eds would sell my wife 6.5 speakers for my superduty when the factory are 5x7 he said a plate will be have to be made in order to make it work? why not just get the 5x7's Am I missing something

Reaper1
    I hope 5 x 7's don't sound like chit because I just bought a pair of Boston SL80's and a pair of SX85's for my Superduty. :boxed:
    Thanks ROZ

cc322
    I hope 5 x 7's don't sound like chit because I just bought a pair of Boston SL80's and a pair of SX85's for my Superduty. :boxed:
    Thanks ROZ
    Ok whos got the facts or does it matter as long as the speakers are good quality.

Reaper1
    I'm no expert but I think the 5 x 7's sound fine. I've got some Infinity's in the wifes ride and they sound pretty good.

rivercrazy
    I've personally heard some pretty good sounding 5X7's. Infinity Kappa seperates are one of those. Solid midbass with a bit more low end volume versus 6.5's. There are a number of other high quality sets in this size to choose from. But converting to 6.5's is also a sound idea

Jyruiz
    5x7's will be fine if you are just sending them the mids and highs. Install a sub and send all the bass to it, your system will sound nice and clear at high volumes.

jbtrailerjim
    I ran MMATS Pro Audio 5" x 7" in my last trucks system and they sounded great but my Arc Audio 6.5's in my boat system do sound better.

cc322
    Ok I talked to at least 6 different shops today and they all said 5x7 unless I was going with seperates. So I will be returning these tonight in exchange for 5x7's unless someone hear can talk me out of it.

ROZ
    Ok I talked to at least 6 different shops today and they all said 5x7 unless I was going with seperates. So I will be returning these tonight in exchange for 5x7's unless someone hear can talk me out of it.
    Dude, I hope you called all those shops weren't driving all around town!
    Pm me
    I'm on my way out or I'd pm you now...lol

Havasu Hangin'
    Tell me the last high end car audio installation you saw that featured a speaker that wasn't round BESIDES a Kicker Solobaric square sub? That's what I thought.
    Solobaric is "high end"? That's funny!
    Those things are good for two things:
    1. Cigar ashtrays
    2. Giving a salesguy at Wired for Sound something to push.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast