Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: so is UNIONJACK gonna do it????

OnlyMoney
    Mine could be up for sale
    Chris says EVERYTHING's for sale, so who knows? Our 44 Sunseeker has been for sale for 2 years now..... But, we still enjoy using it until someone actually buys it.

Havasu Cig
    We had one.....and now have the F-29. I'd take the USER FRIENDLY DCB anytime. Even for the $$$.
    What Skater did you have? I would be suprised if someone went to a 29 DCB after owning a 32 Skater like the one above, or something comparable. If I want user friendly I will stick with my pontoon boat
    BTW, DCB builds a nice boat, but since Skater got dragged into this debate a while ago I just thought I would keep it up. I remember someone metioning Skaters costing to much and thought comparing a 32 to a 32 would be interesting. Now we just need a d DCB with comparable power and drives.

Havasu Cig
    Depends on the HP for sixes.... Sometimes times there not needed
    If you plan on running the 32 in the ocean with 625 hp you will eat some Bravo's. I lunched an XR with 500 EFI's in the Salt.

OnlyMoney
    What Skater did you have? I would be suprised if someone went to a 29 DCB after owning a 32 Skater like the one above, or something comparable. If I want user friendly I will stick with my pontoon boat
    We may be on the pontoon sooner rather than later. We had a 32 Skater, 6 drives. Got it after we went through 4 different sets of drives on the Talon. With all the $$ spent fixing/replacing the things, we could have had 6's and would have had the Talon for a couple more years. The Skater just isn't a "user friendly" boat. You go fast, you get there, you look good, but I want to dance and bring friends and family (older people may have to get in it). It does surprise me that DCB caught up to Skater's pricing as fast as they did, but that's just boating today. Plus, with the factory closer, it makes it much easier to deal with them overall. No sales company. Just us and Dave...and his perfect hair.
    Don't get me wrong. The bigger Skaters make me look like I'm on something with the little trance they put me in, especially with the paint jobs these days.

Charley
    BTW, DCB builds a nice boat, but since Skater got dragged into this debate a while ago I just thought I would keep it up. I remember someone metioning Skaters costing to much and thought comparing a 32 to a 32 would be interesting. Now we just need a d DCB with comparable power and drives.
    Chris....#1 It's used #2 that non flat deck 32 doesn't hold a candle to the DCB in styling...okok... that's just an opinion but it's isn't nearly as nice looking IMHO as a DCB's 32 or 29
    Some of us boat on the Lake.... and yes, there are quite a few people who have owned, Spectres, Skaters who now happily own a DCB. Each of the two boats offer things the others don't and you can talk till you are blue in the face about layup but it doesn't really come into play on Lake Havasu. Ample Room, Creature comforts, excellent rigging and styling, good turning characteristics and a lack of porpoise coupled with good performance numbers make the DCB an extremely logical choice...In fact why would anyone who boat's primarily on lake Havasu feel they need a skater? just curious

XFactor
    Didn't even cross my mind to look at Skater. I know they're great prerforming boats for a specific need, just not "my" need. Havasu is where I do 90% of my boating. DCB fits "my" needs and that's why 60 mins ago I signed for a 29. Love the 32 but feel the 29 is plenty for Havasu and "my" needs. Can't wait to start the build.

INSman
    Didn't even cross my mind to look at Skater. I know they're great prerforming boats for a specific need, just not "my" need. Havasu is where I do 90% of my boating. DCB fits "my" needs and that's why 60 mins ago I signed for a 29. Love the 32 but feel the 29 is plenty for Havasu and "my" needs. Can't wait to start the build.
    Congrats, did you get the "Boat Show" special ??!!?? :idea:

INSman
    I have actually decided to go the best of both worlds:
    Deep 'V' and Skater twin 1075's and 6's !! :2purples:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...katervside.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...439skaterv.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...skatercock.jpg

Havasu Cig
    Chris....#1 It's used #2 that non flat deck 32 doesn't hold a candle to the DCB in styling...okok... that's just an opinion but it's isn't nearly as nice looking IMHO as a DCB's 32 or 29
    Some of us boat on the Lake.... and yes, there are quite a few people who have owned, Spectres, Skaters who now happily own a DCB. Each of the two boats offer things the others don't and you can talk till you are blue in the face about layup but it doesn't really come into play on Lake Havasu. Ample Room, Creature comforts, excellent rigging and styling, good turning characteristics and a lack of porpoise coupled with good performance numbers make the DCB an extremely logical choice...In fact why would anyone who boat's primarily on lake Havasu feel they need a skater? just curious
    #1 the DCB is not a flat deck either. Both are molded decks. The flat deck Skaters are in a whole different league when it comes to the build process. Talking to Peter Hledin, who personally cuts all of the decks on the flat deck boats, it is very labor intensive.
    #2 I personally think that Skater builds a better looking boat than DCB, but that is a personal opinion. I think if you got away from the west coast crowd on this board you would find my opinion would actually be in the majority (you should go on OSO once in a while and get a different perspective). The flat deck Skaters are definitely a work of art, but the non flat decks such as Predator and the above 32 are great looking boats. I will also add that the above 32 has 6's and bigger power. What would the 32 DCB run with the same set-up? Close to 400k? More?
    I see you bringing up lake boating again and you never answered my question before that was what can you do in your DCB that I can't do in my Skater? I have just as much cocpit room, two front seats, a back seat, and Skater will build a cabin if you want one. I guess the only thing I can do is get somewhere faster with the same power.
    I think it's funny that you down play layup because you know Skater is far superior in both material and the process they use. I could say that rigging does not matter because Hey, I am only boating on a small lake. My pontoon boats rigging gets the job done just like my DCB's did.
    You ask why anyone that boats on Havasu would feel they need a Skater? Well why does anybody that boats on Havasu need a DCB? Why does anybody that boats on Havasu need a 155 mph open bow cat? Why does anybody spent 350k to boat on Havasu in a 32' boat. Why would somebody Buy an Enzo when they could buy a Z06 for a lot less money? A lot of things don't make sense when it comes to the money spent on toys but people do it.
    IMO Skater is at a level above DCB. You are hooked up with Dave and he is kicking you down some unreal deals on boats so I don't expect anything different. I think you lost some credibility though when you started knocking Skater, a company that has long been a leader in the cat world. They have proven themselves on the race course and at poker runs for years. Dave himself even had very good things to say about both Peter and Skater the last time I talked to him. When I told him I was thinking about buying a 28 Skater he said it was one of the best O/B boats built. He should know because he used to rig them.
    I think DCB builds a very nice boat. I am just bringing up some points that you have brought up in the past. You have said that Skaters cost a lot more than DCB's. I think if you compare what you are getting you will see they are closer that you think. What would a Vacuum bagged, epoxy lay-up 32 DCB with 850's, 6's, and intercom system etc... cost? Probably about the same as the above Skater.
    I know I won't change your mind though because of your connection to DCB and that's cool. I will still debate you on these boards though.

Charley
    Congrats! did you trade in the 26?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast