Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: will these make my jet boat faster

Jetaholic

lilrick
    Looks very promising Ralph.

b's sanger
    No, those will only work on my boat. Send em over.

bigriverdog
    no, not really.. there for a ford.....
    CLASSIC
    Spoken like a true bowtie guy.

LakesOnly
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...fs_002-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...SCJ_vs_820.jpg
    rwyyattb,
    Your newly purchased TFS heads have intake ports about the cross sectional size of the chebby heads on the right in the above photo, but they are so efficient that--unported--they flow about as much as SCJ head ports shown on the left.
    The exhaust ports can flow as well as max effort ported chebby heads on the right, and do it with a .100" smaller diameter exhaust valve.
    On an engine of your bore, stroke and dispacement, they have regularly supported in excess of 800HP below 7000 rpm and more HP at slightly higher rpms (but still less than 8000 rpm).
    I think you purchased some of the nicest heads out there for your jet boat application.
    Congrats,
    LO

cyclone
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...fs_002-med.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...SCJ_vs_820.jpg
    rwyyattb,
    Your newly purchased TFS heads have intake ports about the cross sectional size of the chebby heads on the right in the above photo, but they are so efficient that--unported--they flow about as much as SCJ head ports shown on the left.
    The exhaust ports can flow as well as max effort ported chebby heads on the right, and do it with a .100" smaller diameter exhaust valve.
    On an engine of your bore, stroke and dispacement, they have regularly supported in excess of 800HP below 7000 rpm and more HP at slightly higher rpms (but still less than 8000 rpm).
    I think you purchased some of the nicest heads out there for your jet boat application.
    Congrats,
    LO
    making power at 7,000 rpm isn't going to help his jet boat much since the only way he'd turn that kind of rpm is with a jet ski impeller.

LakesOnly
    Cyclone,
    I said "below" 7000 rpm and was referring to the capability of the cylinder heads, not necessarily what rwyyattb will be doing with them. rwyyattb is not shooting for that rpm nor 800HP; he is simply hoping to remove his iron heads and replace them with these heads (no other changes) and net a near 100HP increase. They are a very efficent head design.
    Personally, I estimate he will spin his A impeller somewhere around 5800 or so with his 501 engine...
    LO

TopCat
    You have a good set of heads, they can flow 488 on the int. side but i would have went with the Chevy exh ports

LakesOnly
    You have a good set of heads, they can flow 488 on the int. side but i would have went with the Chevy exh portsDon't know here you get your info, TopCat, but I garantee you that the heads in question will never ever ever ever never never ever ever ever never never ever ever ever never never ever ever ever never never ever ever ever never never ever :jawdrop: ever ever never never ever ever ever never never flow 488 on the intake ports. Nor are they available with a chebby exhaust port (no Ford application head I know of has such a feature) or are they even available with a chebby exhaust flange. Frankly, these heads don't need the port with the chebby flange, as they already have a raised floor/relocated exhaust bolt pattern designed port that manages perfoamnce gains as good as will ever be needed with the overall design.
    Are you thinking of the A460 head? Tee-hee!
    LO

Ralph Brunt
    cyclone i was turning a stainless b at 6k, now beacause of these heads i'm changing to an A-impellor to bring the rpm's down. i'm not drag racing for 8 or 10 sec. not looking to get every last h/p from the motor either, just trying to make 80.9mph the easiest way poss. as a matter of fact i may need to get the rpm down even lower.
    thank you all i'm just a new boater tryin to go racing
    ralph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast