Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about the little Suzuki JR50?

2Driver
    I am pretty brand loyal to Honda but my neighbor wants to sell a like new Suzuki JR50 and it's about time my 5 year old learns to ride.
    If it's not a decent bike I don't care how what kind of deal it is, I'll stick to Honda or maybe a Yam

Outnumbered
    I am pretty brand loyal to Honda but my neighbor wants to sell a like new Suzuki JR50 and it's about time my 5 year old learns to ride.
    If it's not a decent bike I don't care how what kind of deal it is, I'll stick to Honda or maybe a Yam
    Bullet proof. Little zuki's are hard to kill. There are also tons of hop-up tips and tricks for when he gets better at riding. My daughter has an LT50. They are legendary for their reliability. If it is well maintained then you should be very happy.

ZBODaytona
    2 stroke with only 1 speed...yamaha makes one like it, personally i think the honda xr50 or the yamaha ttr 50 are a better choice these are both 4 stroke with 3 speed trans. these two will allow your son to progress further, and there are tons more parts for these to hop up...heck yamaha sells factory direct stuff...

2Driver
    Thanks guys. I'll use the proceeeds from the RV sale

RitcheyRch
    As stated. Bulletproof. Also, there is a trick to mkake it a 2 speed.

Outnumbered
    Thanks guys. I'll use the proceeeds from the RV sale
    Well that toy lasted 3 days The kid is going to hide the new bike so dad can't sell it when he is at school

28Prowler525
    2 stroke with only 1 speed...yamaha makes one like it, personally i think the honda xr50 or the yamaha ttr 50 are a better choice these are both 4 stroke with 3 speed trans. these two will allow your son to progress further, and there are tons more parts for these to hop up...heck yamaha sells factory direct stuff...
    My 4 Y/O daughter won't get off her TTR50, and the best thing about it is that is has electric start. That's a big plus for a 4 y/o and a dad and mom that don't have to start it for her every time she crashes.

THOR
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...68pw50-med.JPG
    Here is the PW50 for my daughter. I think it is just like the TTR. I almost got a CRF50 but it sat a little higher than the Yamaha.

Pro Max
    If you decide on a honda I have a 05 XR50 that has about 1 hour ride time, It has been sitting in the corner of the garage. My boy wanted a quad so as much as a pushover dad I am i got him one and so the bike was never really used. I havent put it in the trader because I figured someone would eventually want it and the add cost $50.00

killerbeez
    I bought my 3 year old an 05 JR 50 for $700.It is in great condition,yet the bike lacks the power of the honda 50.The suzuki and the yamaha are considerably smaller and easier to ride for kids who seem to be vertically challenged at this point in time.The issue with the suzuki is that it is locked into 2nd gear.If you pull off the shifter cover you will see a small pin that is actually locking out first gear.All it takes is a dremel and a short bit of time and your new zuki will be a 2 speed.All the parents that have done this mod say it is the greatest thing to do other than to pull the restrictor out of the pipe.Good luck,I love the little bike.Oh and one more thing,if your kid needs training wheels,home depot sells the right size steel stock,washers,wheels and mounting brackets for about $45.If you buy them from a motorcycle shop,you are looking to spend about $135.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast