Thread: Texas Tunnel

Slacker
    Looking at a Earl Smith TT, can anyone tell me anything about these boats. What are some of the pros and cons of this 16 foot hull. I was told that the 80"s models were light and had problems with the bottom. I Know i can get a Warhawk F16 new but i think i may have found a good deal with this used one. Any pointers or suggestions to look for in this type of boat. I have a Sunkist performer now so i am not a complete newbie, just to this type of hull. Would they handle as a river boat (besides the seating of course) or is this strictly drag only. Any help would be appreciated. THanks...

Sweet Cruz
    My brother-in-law has one. It's an around 300 lbs. He's taken to the lakes and the river. Had no really problem handling it, but he just had to be careful for the wakes. One problem is that the boat will hook on reentry if is loses power. BTW he is for sale on dragboats.com

atxwrangler
    i have heard they will pitch you if not carefull!i don't know!

IMPATIENT 1
    Looking at a Earl Smith TT, can anyone tell me anything about these boats. What are some of the pros and cons of this 16 foot hull. I was told that the 80"s models were light and had problems with the bottom. I Know i can get a Warhawk F16 new but i think i may have found a good deal with this used one. Any pointers or suggestions to look for in this type of boat. I have a Sunkist performer now so i am not a complete newbie, just to this type of hull. Would they handle as a river boat (besides the seating of course) or is this strictly drag only. Any help would be appreciated. THanks...
    is it the same one that was on ebay this week?guys said he'd meet us half way to okla. with it for @5500,less motor, then we never herd from him again, thought it mighta sold for more but never seen the ending price.

RICHARD TILL
    pros; if theres a quicker 1/4 mile boat, i dont know what it is. cons; everybody told you right. it`ll pitch your butt in a new york second if you do`nt keep your mind on your business 100 percent of the time. my racing partner and i have 3 of them. all weigh about 265 lbs. each. one is a busted up hull sitting under an ole oak tree because it pitched the previous owner, the second pitched my buddy at the lake when the kill switch came loose at w.o.t. its a 11 second boat and the third is a 10 second boat. we bought it from a guy who wanted a heavier hull. he bought a warhawk copy. by now you`re thinking "these guys are crazy." we are. that sunkisst performer you have is a good running hull. its a lot safer then the texas tunnel hull.

There used to be one that pitched the driver from time to time at Blarneys island. Have not seen it in some years, but there are quite a few, currently running some big numbers with out incident. Cracking of the hulls is the bigest problem for these guys.

DelawareDave
    What is a Sunkisst performer? Model name for a gullwing?

Slacker
    So besides breaking it or getting tossed out everything else should be fine then, sounds like fun.....Thanks for all of the input on this type of boat, gives me some more to think about.
    Yes, D. Dave the performer is a gullwing. It looks more like a Cal. Performance than a Warhawk,or the Youngblood IMHO. Dont you have a sunkist Also?

Blown Income
    No this is not the same texas that you talked to. It's on dragboats.com my contact info is there if your interested.
    http://www.dragboats.com/images/clas...ing_louis1.jpg (http://www.dragboats.com/classifieds/allads.php)
    This boats been good to me, but it was set up to be a river boat. These things are Quick without a lot of horsepower.

DelawareDave
    Yes, D. Dave the performer is a gullwing. It looks more like a Cal. Performance than a Warhawk,or the Youngblood IMHO. Dont you have a sunkist Also?
    Looking at your avatar, that is what I thought. Yes I also have a Sunkisst. Mine is a tunnel, not a gullwing.