Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I gots to ask

reddragon
    The Liberal "Teachers Unions" have done a wonderful job screwing up the government education system.
    Not to turn this into another union debate, but the UAW has done a great job screwing up the pension plans of US automakers and in my opinion are most responsible for chasing jobs offshore.
    Check around the nation and see how many municipalities have had to waste public funds to justify land use for parks, recreation, and other community projects because of "treehuggers".
    Liberal supported "junk science" stymies growth and adds impact fees to business and the public.
    Now don't claim these aren't specific enough Blown, because every damn one costs you and I the taxpayer.
    Waste public funds for parks and recreation? Who doesn't like having a nice park near their house where they can take their kids? Doesn't the nation have enough fat-asses (especially TX) that maybe a tiny portion of the taxes the government collects could go to building public basketball courts or tennis courts so maybe the next generation doesn't have an obesity rate in the 40% range?

eliminatedsprinter
    Sounds like 058 has some legitimate gripes. Seems like your gripes are with government in general, not just democrats. How come things didn't improve at all for the six yrs the Repubs had control of both the house and senate, and with a Repub in the Governors seat in CA?
    I can't speak for 058, but some of the the gripes I made have got a little better.
    If you will check out the large amount of assinine bills Arnold has vetoed, you will see that he has prevented much harm that Gov. Davis would not have. Plus I am not a rich man and Arnold's removal of the car tax did directly help me a bit.
    As for President Bush, his Administration did stop the bleeding, in the agency I work for, that VP Gore's "reinvention" caused. But the harm VP Gore and the Clinton Administration did was so massive, it will most likely take decades to overcome. Even one of President Clinton's Cabnet members voiced disgust to me and my boss (in a personal and confidential meeting) re VP Gore's treatment of our agency.
    In addition, I would not own my home if not for President Bush's tax cuts. The amount he saved me on my income tax was the difference that was needed for me to cover closing costs and go look for our home.
    I am upset that the Repulicians did not make the tax cuts perminant when they could and I am very disapointed that President Bush has not shown the strength of leadership to use his veto pen and prevent the swelling of our "national debt". But I know he has helped me and my family by simply taking us off of the distructive (to me) path were on.

Old Texan
    Waste public funds for parks and recreation? Who doesn't like having a nice park near their house where they can take their kids? Doesn't the nation have enough fat-asses (especially TX) that maybe a tiny portion of the taxes the government collects could go to building public basketball courts or tennis courts so maybe the next generation doesn't have an obesity rate in the 40% range?
    Not what I said or what you interpreted me to say.
    "Waste public funds to justify land use".... In other words Lib groups force landuse studies be conducted to make sure public owned land can be used for parks rather than just sit there.
    The B-ball courts and tennis courts you ask for don't get built because of Lib protest groups not wanting the stuff in "their" neighborhoods and impose impasses. Several years back here in our community, a tree hugger protested the building of a city golf course. She forced several redundant and unneeded land studies on land already okayed for use by the USArmy Corps of Engineers. She brought frivolous suits and basically forced the municipality to pay $1,000's of public money to build the golf course. It was taxpayer's money used to fight her "vigil for nature" as she called it. Long story short, the golf course was built and now the fees, gathered again from taxpaying residents pockets, associated with using it are higher due the added expense in building it. A community of 30,000 + voted for a golf course and 1 person stood in their way. Her only backing came from Lib treehugger groups with virtually no membership in this community.

eliminatedsprinter
    "Waste public funds to justify land use".... In other words Lib groups force landuse studies be conducted to make sure public owned land can be used for parks rather than just sit there.
    The B-ball courts and tennis courts you ask for don't get built because of Lib protest groups not wanting the stuff in "their" neighborhoods and impose impasses. Several years back here in our community, a tree hugger protested the building of a city golf course. She forced several redundant and unneeded land studies on land already okayed for use by the USArmy Corps of Engineers. She brought frivolous suits and basically forced the municipality to pay $1,000's of public money to build the golf course. It was taxpayer's money used to fight her "vigil for nature" as she called it. Long story short, the golf course was built and now the fees, gathered again from taxpaying residents pockets, associated with using it are higher due the added expense in building it. A community of 30,000 + voted for a golf course and 1 person stood in their way. Her only backing came from Lib treehugger groups with virtually no membership in this community.
    Not to mention the Clinton Administration's massive land grabs. I have a relitive who lost a ranch in Utah, that had been in his family for over 100 years, because the land it was on was declaired "protected" by the Clinton Administration. When the Bush Administration put a stop this type of theft of long privately owned lands, the looney left psudo-evironmentalists started their screaming that President Bush was "giving away OUR wilderness".

Sounds like 058 has some legitimate gripes. Seems like your gripes are with government in general, not just democrats. How come things didn't improve at all for the six yrs the Repubs had control of both the house and senate, and with a Repub in the Governors seat in CA?
    My gripes are with the PEOPLE that enact these laws and I can say without reservation that most of these laws are the brain-children of liberals. For example: Liberals pass "hate crime" laws, what good do they do? There already are laws on the books against assult, murder, etc. Why do we need more laws just because someone names it something else other than what it really is. The Libs pass these new laws then pat each other on the backs, telling one another what a great job they are doing, hold a press confrence and boast that "its a new day in law enforcement" and then brag and boast at election time that they are "getting tough on crime" we've seen it time and again. Did the crime rate go down? Did the thug that preys on weak people stop doing what he has always done? And if by slim chance he get caught its the libs that rush to his defense, crying about his bad childhood or some such rubbish. Just because we have a RINO governor who half heartedly try to solve the state's financal problems, that BTW are too numorous to list, his ballot initives are shot down in flames because of the liberal State employee's unions and Cailf Teachers Association et:al. Don't forget the Democrats have controlled the state legislature for years and one tinhorn govenor that has an "R" after his name is not going to make a dent in the political climate in this state. Don't forget he is married into one of the most liberal familys in the country, you think she does not have any influnence with our so called conservative gov? The liberals are so concerned about "protecting the rights of the downtrodden" [Read homeless, criminals & poor] that the rights of others are denied. Who protects my rights to live safe and secure? Do I rely on the Police to come to my aid when a thug is roaming around inside my house at 2:30 AM? If I shoot him dead I'll be charged with something from 1st degree murder to involuntary manslaughter, either way I'm looking at a long drawn out and expensive trial. Who protects me then? Who is looking out for me? Maybe I can get John Edwards to defend me pro bono, think he would want to defend my right of self protection? If I slipped in a fresh steaming pile just planted on the sidewalk by a homeless person do you think the city will pay my medical bills? Now if I were an illegal alien I'd get a quick trip to emergency at the city's expense. The liberal D.A. in San Francisco will not prosecute a capitial offense charge because she does not believe in the death penalty, there already have been a couple of cop killers that got less than the death penalty and BTW would be eligable for parole in later years because of her personal beliefs that are getting in the way of her doing the job she was elected to do. Care to go on? I have lots more if you are interested.....Oh, and BTW you think 6 years of Republican control can undo 40+ years of Democrat control of both houses?

reddragon
    My mistake, didn't see the word "justify"... Sucks that happened with the golf course.

centerhill condor
    keep people seperate from their consequences

OKIE-JET
    Make me celebrate holidays that have nothin' to do with me. They also steal from my gross income. They also let dangerous folks roam the streets. I really like it when they take my money and then tell me I dont qualify if ever in need of help. Yes it feels good to know my place on earth could be "protected" someday, leaving me in the street with a bunch of programs that I dont qualify for. aaahhhhh....such is life.:sleeping:

donzi5150
    Liberals just don't get it, if we don't protect out borders then we cannot work on the social issues....a strong defense allows us to have the freedom to work on issues......The LEFT obviously forgot that the country practically shut down after 9/11 and it took over 4 years to recover just economically to pre 9/11 levels.
    So this is easy dummycrats! A strong defense and protection of our country = a growing economy(at least with the Bush Tax cuts) and opportunities and funding to work on the social issues that only matter to a few.
    Bottom line, 9/11 affected all 300 million Americans, Healthcare will affect about 40 million, abortion will affect 2-3 million, gay marriage will affect 5-7 million.......Left needs to do the MATH!:idea:

Tom Brown
    Liberals have ruined my neighborhood and jacked up prices on used trucks. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
    The other day, I couldn't get to my house after returning from a friend's place. Police had the neighborhood cordoned off. They were nice enough about it but they wouldn't tell me what was going on and made me wait for ten minutes before I could get into my home.
    A couple of weeks ago, I called a guy about a used truck. 1992 Silverado with high miles. The guy wanted $5000! Can you believe that?
    Don't even get me started on the new tax legislation our federal conservative government just brought in! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gifht...om/ubb/mad.gif
    Focking liberals! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast