Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD wiring...

BrendellaJet
    So Im looking at my MSD Digital 6+ ignition box today and realized it didn't come with a fitting that matches whats on the Pro Billet Marine MSD distibutor...
    Distributor hasa 2 pin weatherpak connector on it, box has standard MSD connector.
    Is there an adapter available or does one of them need to be cut off?

Jetaholic
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1171195362
    As u can see in the diagram, there is in fact an adapter you need to get to wire it to your distributor. As shown in the diagram, it is part number 8860...I have circled it in the diagram in red for ya.
    This diagram is straight from the MSD Wiring Diagrams and Tech Notes book. Hope this helps.

BrendellaJet
    Thanks for the diagram. The ignition came wth that cable...No weatherpak connector. I think I need a different cable.

BrendellaJet
    damn, 68 views & hardly nothing...

Jetaholic
    On that harness that has no connector on it, are the wires the same color as the distributor wires? If they are, you could always cut the connector off of the distributor and splice them together.

BrendellaJet
    Jetaholic, Thanks for the replies.
    All wires have connectors, just different.Looks like Jegs carries an adapter for this situation, part 8868.

centerhill condor
    good thread...where does the tach wire into the diagram? thanks, CC

Jetaholic
    good thread...where does the tach wire into the diagram? thanks, CC
    Looks like you'll have to call MSD on that one. I've looked in my book and it does not show any place to wire in a tach. Usually they will have a grey wire coming from the box harness that is the sense wire for the tach, but the book does not show it.

bead
    If you go to PAW (performance automotive warehouse ).com you can get what you need on line or if you have a store near you , they usally have what your looking for instock. I have that same setup on my boat and its bitchen

bead
    If you go to PAW (performance automotive warehouse ).com you can get what you need on line or if you have a store near you , they usally have what your looking for instock. I have that same setup on my boat and its bitchen you can also just buy the end (clip), instead of buying the whole cable . if this makes any sence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast