Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mach 1 Project (part 2)

BAE_557
    I had planned to walk away from the open jet once 150 MPH was attained, but it has been too difficult knowing there is much more MPH potential left. I thought about buying a capsule jet to transplant the engine and jet pump from the Mach 1 but that will have to wait. With that being said, I'd like to see the Mach 1 reach its' full potential, possibly run 165 MPH or better in a 1/4 mile or less. The engine has been turned up again, more fuel, boost and spark. I need to work on getting the pump to load harder to handle the HP, initially I will drop the shoe and look to other methods again if needed. Click on the link for current pictures.
    Current Pics Link (http://www.banderlog.com/phpBB2/view...?p=31883#31883)

What??????? only 165mph? I think you need to set some REAL goals, lol. Good luck with the new plan and be safe.
    F.J.

Dimarco Kid
    Ummm...I've been 160 in the quarter (like my avatar says), it's definately "getting with the program"! But dude...what you've done, and are about to do...with a boat, with a JET...brotha you must walk bow legged so your balls don't CLANK together
    Good luck...keep us posted!!!

Unchained
    You already made your point very well. No need to get more dangerous.

Placecraft Dragstar
    165 mph that is a nice number, Awsome Toy ran that this last year. Seems to be a nice number, good luck and be safe!!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
    Over 150mph is more than my balls will take without a capsule. Budlight

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Are you going to go after the jet record that Dan Nelson set?

Are you going to go after the jet record that Dan Nelson set?
    That would be blown gas jet? This is nitromethane.

good luck BAE

steelcomp
    OK...I'm going to be the skeptic here...We've PM'd back and forth, so I hope you know there's NO disrespect intended, but I'm still not convinced you went 150.
    Here's why:
    I'd guess anyone trying to do what you are would certainly get it on video. You had guys standing around, and you supposedly recorded it on audio (which proves nothing) but no footage that we've seen here.
    You have two still pics that you posted from that day...one of you being launched at the ramp, and the other of you sitting in the boat. Again, this only proves that you're a big dude, (respectfully ) and your boat floats.
    You posted a pic of a GPS, but that pic was taken at night, and from the lights reflecting off your bow, it didn't appear to be at the lake. One would think you'd be taking that pic the minute you came in from the run, or at least shortly thereafter (like after cleaning your shorts ).
    So, call me what you will, but I'm not convinced...certainly that that's not anything trhat matters, just throwing it out there. I have no doubt in the boat's, or your ability. You've done a top notch job and have some hard work and thought in that project.
    I'm just skeptical.
    Besides, I'm bored, so I thought I'd stir it up a little. :devil:
    Hammertime.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast