Thread: Rail Mount W/ Tranny

Konabud
    Anybody have any pics of a rail mount system with a tranny (P/G or TH)? I was wondering how the rear mount looks on this setup.
    Thanks in advance,
    Creg

Konabud
    Anybody??

This one mounts to the bottom mount on the tailhousing. There's an angle bolted to the other side of the plate (not visible in pic, you can see one bolt) that bolts to the trans mount. It then also serves as a mount for the ring of the driveline guard which would normally bolt to a bellhousing in a non-tranny application.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1171376084

VD CRUISER
    This is one made with aluminum angle, it pretty easy to make.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...4/100_1624.JPG

64Rayson
    Anybody have any pics of a rail mount system with a tranny (P/G or TH)? I was wondering how the rear mount looks on this setup.
    Thanks in advance,
    Creg
    Here's another

Konabud
    Thanks for all the replies! I guess my question now after seeing the pictures is: Is the mount at flywheel end of the engine necessary or (like 64 Rayson) can I get by with just mounting at front of the motor and the end of the trans. The application is a '63 16' flat (just a play boat) with a 400 Horse SBC and a shorty glide.
    Thanks,
    Creg

imo you need both. The trans case was never intended to absorb the shock level a boat produces.

what ever you do don't let the trans hold up the back of the motor, you have to have a a motor plate between the trans and motor, the trans case is not strong enough to do the CAR type mount. I have seen a couple of power glides with dedenbar shorty cases without the tailshaft cross member mount but those cases are way stronger.

Konabud
    Thanks again for the pictures and replies, this is my first V-drive and I appreciate the feedback. I'll definetly do the rear engine mount. Mike, I'll be giving you guys a call to see what pieces I can get.
    Creg