Thread: Blower intake

Dimarco Kid
    I got a question...referring to another thread inquiring about a tri-power blower top plate; if the three carbs overall length is longer than the intake opening of the blower case, can you machine it out longer to accept a custom top plate? I understand that the blower manufactures build it that way for a reason, but if a man just wanted it for the "blower" part of it and wouldn't care about MAXIMUM HP like a drag guy, could he do it and get away with it??
    P.S. It would be a Pontiac, so it wouldn't "scream" either.

DMOORE
    I got a question...referring to another thread inquiring about a tri-power blower top plate; if the three carbs overall length is longer than the intake opening of the blower case, can you machine it out longer to accept a custom top plate? I understand that the blower manufactures build it that way for a reason, but if a man just wanted it for the "blower" part of it and wouldn't care about MAXIMUM HP like a drag guy, could he do it and get away with it??
    P.S. It would be a Pontiac, so it wouldn't "scream" either.
    No problem. Take a look at the 6-71 littlefield thread below. The first photo shows the adaptor for inline 4's. It is longer than the opening on the blower itself.
    Darrell.

Dimarco Kid
    Yeah...it seems like it wouldn't be a prob. My inline 1050's are out alot further than the blower opening itself. I just wanted to make sure if by elongating (spelling?) the blower case's intake holes would screw anything up. :idea: Not having the technology to MAKE or cast a top adapter that is longer and raised (like mine or the other thread's), only having the means to literally make only a "plate" to put 3 2 barrell carbs on. If it was just a "plate", the blower's openings would need to be longer to fit the carb spacing.