Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.77 @ 331.61mph!!!!!

shockwaveharry
    This was a fantastic pass! (http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...t=DSCF0280.flv)
    The weather was perfect on Saturday. First round of eliminations we were sitting right on the starting line.
    For those of you who have never attended a Top Fuel event in person: When these cars take off from the starting line, the experience is unreal! It's so powerful, the sound waves literally penetrate your body... My chest felt like a base drum being played by a King Kong sized Energizer Bunny on crack! Does that make sense to you? It's not often that I'm at a loss for words to describe something but this one has me stumped. Imagine all of your senses being so violently assaulted by tsunami sized sound waves that you have a hard time maintaining balance if you're standing... And then, after the 2 second attack, you find yourself gasping for air. Multiply that by the 5000 or so people packing the spectator stands and you begin to get the idea.
    We sat at the big end for the second round. The video only gives you a vague idea...
    Top Fuel is WAY better than NASCAR!

djunkie
    You explained it perfect. It is definately a rush.

Big Block
    that was a sweet pass. thanks for posting

Fire Angler
    My 6 year old Son is watching this right now, looks like I'll be going to the Drags real soon..

beaverretriever
    Today Robert Hight ran the quickest in Funny Car history a 4.64!!!! Holy crap. Good stuff. I wish I was there.

ekimzark
    Great video there truly is nothing in the world like it
    http://photos.imageevent.com/ekimzar...e/IMG_5052.JPG

BigDogIvan
    AAAAHHHH!!!! Nothing like Nitro and hot rubber in the morning!!

Not So Fast
    you forgot the best part "eyes burning like tear gas was in them" from the NITRO. Ah the memories, thanks!!!!! NSF

Best form of motorsports on the planet. Gotta love it.

Phat Matt
    Today Robert Hight ran the quickest in Funny Car history a 4.64!!!! Holy crap. Good stuff. I wish I was there.
    I saw it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast