Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truck Broke in Havi

DaddyMack
    So Friday night... heading into havi... My transfer case decided to take a dump...(seal went and I bet the bearing did too) luckily it was right at the 40 and exit 9. Limped to the Pilot truck stop.
    Called triple A, then while on ignore, noticed that my Dodge warranty had road service too. Called them on G/F's cell. Before I even got a real person at AAA I was done with the super nice person at Dodge, or whoever handles their towing, and within abour 45 min (before done with call to AAA), Steve's towing was there taking my truck to the Dodge dealer in Havi. The driver was nice enough to take us to a motel after dropping the truck.
    Jen and I met a great couple at the closest bar and ended up having a great time at BJ's .. it was packed...
    Meanwhile.. Talked to the dodge dealer on Sat. They can't even look at the truck till Monday.. then order parts.. who knows when it will be ready luckily its all warranty...but I might have to be in Havi again on Tues, because Enterprise doesn't do one way trips ugh.. and Hertz was out of cars... sheesh... warranty supposed to cover rental.. we will see....
    The little winterfest fair was pretty cool on Sat though

boats&bars
    one word DODGE...........

DaddyMack
    Well.. I have had just about everything... GM, Ford, Dodge, Toyota.. VW.. Mitsubishi...
    Prefer the Dodge and Chevy.. and best luck with both... If the seal didn't go.. prob. still be fine.. everything under warranty..and no hassles with the dealer or the roadside.... so the way I look at it.. other than the hassle of the rental car thing.. is I get a new, or semi new transfer case.. at 50,000..lol..

djunkie
    Man that sucks. I always worry about something like that happening on the way to the river. Glad Dodge is taking care of you.

DaddyMack
    Yea.. no kidding.. Jen andI were saying that if it happened in that 33 mile stretch between the Laughlin turn off and Needles.. it would have really sucked.. as it was we grabbed a six pack at the truck stop and had a picnic in the truck..lol..:devil:

OutCole'd
    Yea.. no kidding.. Jen andI were saying that if it happened in that 33 mile stretch between the Laughlin turn off and Needles.. it would have really sucked.. as it was we grabbed a six pack at the truck stop and had a picnic in the truck..lol..:devil:
    I've done that ride so many times. That would be a really bad place to break.
    Glad to hear it's getting taken care of.

Jyruiz
    Glad it is being taken care of, hope it does not take long to get you back on the road.

DaddyMack
    Thanks.. appreciate the well wishes... needed to vent a bit.. will know more tomorrow..

Jetaholic
    This gives me confidence in the warranty towing policy. I recently bought a 2007 Silverado Classic with the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, and I purchased the extended 5 year/75,000 mile bumper-bumper warranty.
    This is my first new vehicle purchase...soon after I bought it I learned of the warranty towing service that comes with the vehicle.
    That is very good that Dodge stood right behind their vehicle and got your truck to a dealer...sucks they can't look at it till Monday, but most dealer service shops are closed on weekends I do believe. But they took care of ya nonetheless...I hope GM is as good if not better than Dodge and standing behind their warranty.

RitcheyRch
    Nice to hear is being taken care of and that you and the wife werent left stranded out on the road for hours.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast