Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truck Broke in Havi

SummerBreeze
    If you are going to break down Havasu is not a bad place to do it
    BJ's OOOOOOh BOY!

BALLSDEEP
    If you are going to break down Havasu is not a bad place to do it
    BJ's OOOOOOh BOY!
    Havent been to LHC since October, where is BJ's?

SummerBreeze
    Havent been to LHC since October, where is BJ's?
    Down town...... Old Havi

Mrs.Racer277
    So Friday night... heading into havi... My transfer case decided to take a dump...(seal went and I bet the bearing did too) luckily it was right at the 40 and exit 9. Limped to the Pilot truck stop.
    Called triple A, then while on ignore, noticed that my Dodge warranty had road service too. Called them on G/F's cell. Before I even got a real person at AAA I was done with the super nice person at Dodge, or whoever handles their towing, and within abour 45 min (before done with call to AAA), Steve's towing was there taking my truck to the Dodge dealer in Havi. The driver was nice enough to take us to a motel after dropping the truck.
    Jen and I met a great couple at the closest bar and ended up having a great time at BJ's .. it was packed...
    Meanwhile.. Talked to the dodge dealer on Sat. They can't even look at the truck till Monday.. then order parts.. who knows when it will be ready luckily its all warranty...but I might have to be in Havi again on Tues, because Enterprise doesn't do one way trips ugh.. and Hertz was out of cars... sheesh... warranty supposed to cover rental.. we will see....
    The little winterfest fair was pretty cool on Sat though
    Glad to hear things worked out for you.
    We had that happen to us in Havi right when we pulled in...Chevy was on it... truck was towed to dealership and they had the rental car service pick us up and get us a car. I think they had it all under control in about 1 hour.

Baja Big Dog
    one word DODGE...........
    Two words NEW VENTURE.........

DaddyMack
    Nice to hear is being taken care of and that you and the wife werent left stranded out on the road for hours.
    Thanks! and...Lol... yea... not wife. EX was somewhere else.. girlfriend Jen was with me..lol.. whew.. got scared there for a min..lol... Flashback..:sqeyes:
    Got on my bike Sunday back in Vegas... Jen and I went to Mountain Springs then down to Hogs ... I felt much better...

DaddyMack
    Glad to hear things worked out for you.
    Thanks! you are always very nice! Still wating to hear on everything.. knocking on wood... my head hurts..lol

STV_Keith
    Two words NEW VENTURE.........
    How many of these things have you guys seen fail on the road? Not in the mud bogs or dunes, but on the road?
    In the 7 years I've been working here at a performance diesel shop, I've only seen one grenade, and that was on a 94 or 95 Dodge with umpteen miles on it. We've POUNDED those things with over 1500ft-lbs of torque and 750HP doing 4-HI drag launches and I've never broke one.

Baja Big Dog
    How many of these things have you guys seen fail on the road? Not in the mud bogs or dunes, but on the road?
    In the 7 years I've been working here at a performance diesel shop, I've only seen one grenade, and that was on a 94 or 95 Dodge with umpteen miles on it. We've POUNDED those things with over 1500ft-lbs of torque and 750HP doing 4-HI drag launches and I've never broke one.
    Dont want to get religion involved but.....AMEN!!!

Baja Big Dog
    I did get something out of this, Chevy and Dodge offer towing???? Wish I could "a FORD" one of them things!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast