Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truck Broke in Havi

Mrs.Racer277
    I did get something out of this, Chevy and Dodge offer towing???? Wish I could "a FORD" one of them things!!!
    They do under warrenty.....And free car rental.

RitcheyRch
    Wife, gf, same thing....LMAO
    Thanks! and...Lol... yea... not wife. EX was somewhere else.. girlfriend Jen was with me..lol.. whew.. got scared there for a min..lol... Flashback..:sqeyes:
    Got on my bike Sunday back in Vegas... Jen and I went to Mountain Springs then down to Hogs ... I felt much better...

Outnumbered
    How many of these things have you guys seen fail on the road? Not in the mud bogs or dunes, but on the road?
    In the 7 years I've been working here at a performance diesel shop, I've only seen one grenade, and that was on a 94 or 95 Dodge with umpteen miles on it. We've POUNDED those things with over 1500ft-lbs of torque and 750HP doing 4-HI drag launches and I've never broke one.
    Have to agree. Plus, NV makes cases for Ford, GM, etc. So Dodge bashing in this thread is just a hater talking out his ass

Makinitdrip
    My 04 CHevy blew the transmission 25.6 miles west of needles on the I40 last year. AAA said sorry, You are towing a boat, cannot help you. WE will tow your truck but not the boat. Chevy roadside said the same thing. I now have the trailer package. I had to leave my eliminator on the side of the road to get the truck back then wait for a FRIEND to come from victorville to rescue us and the boat.

Mrs.Racer277
    Thanks! you are always very nice! Still wating to hear on everything.. knocking on wood... my head hurts..lol

Thank you.. ..We were lucky it was an easy fix...

HavaTan
    MOPAR or No Car...

DaddyMack
    Oky... So here is the update...
    Turns out the drive shaft went next to the transfer case, when it went it vibrated so bad that it cracked the transfer case.
    Its a hairline crack, the leak is really minor.. and the truck is now drivable...
    The one thing is: Although they have fixed the drive shaft, its 4-5 days to get the new case, so they say its drivable to Vegas and that they will continue the warranty work in Vegas, because the rental car reimbursment runs out.
    So.. guess I am driving down to Havasu tomorrow AM to pick up truck...

DaddyMack
    sweet... local dodge dealer has the transfer case in stock

HocusPocus
    looks like they are on top of the problem and should have you fixed up in no time.

Outnumbered
    Is the truck lifted? Because, if it is this probably caused the problem and the dealer is being very cool to fix it. Glad they took care of you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast