Thread: Steve lowater

stilettovdrive
    Well, reading about mr. lowater and his accident makes me kinda sad.
    In Denmark everyone has the right to medical care, surgery, training after accidents and so on, for free, it's been payed for throug taxes, that means that a dude like me that makes a little money sometimes, pays different rates of taxes , ending up to " top-tax" wich is 68!! percent of the money you make more then 270000 kr., or about 40900 dollars a year.
    I always pay toptax, cause i'm a great painter/decorator, have a couple of employees that helps me make some more money, for ME.
    I do whatever i can to keep taxes down, but a thing like this accident helps me understand what i'm paying taxes for, and i think that medical care should be free and regardless to coluor, sex, age, religion((ahhh, perhaps not for the dudes that ruined the twin towers, who's head should be stuffed in to the toilet, after i have used it, and then have their nuts cut off, fried in garlick and served to them, perhaps with a little glass of pigs urine to go!! ), sexual oservans, and so on.
    I'm not writing this to say, "hey dudes we are better in denmark",not at all, but out of sympathy for a dude i dont know, who is in a shitty situation.
    I'm glad it's not me, and i hope that he will get well soon.
    The viking.

burbanite
    stilettovdrive,
    thanks for your concern. Like you I do not know Steve other than through this board, I just know he is in a position that I would not like to be in.
    I also grew up in a country where medical care was free, so was dental care until you reached 16 years of age. School was free as was (excluding private institutions) college!
    It is not that way now, the ways of the world change and typically more toward a "user pay" type of system.
    Hopefully he will pull through this ok and rejoin his friends at the river soon.

Sangster
    Lowater's gonna' heal up & be fine soon..His biggest battle is yet to come...Fightin' of the bill collectors..I'd like to thank all thats sent in $$ & donated to the auction..And a Special thanks to HUD & Her454 for their on going support.... That's what it's all about...Be sure and help out if at all possible......

Her454
    Sangster:
    ..And a Special thanks to HUD & Her454 for their on going support.... That's what it's all about.... Thats what friends are for...... and thanks to CAL***boat and BILLY B who cared enough to get it all started...... wink