Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The joys of a boat purchase

INEEDAV
    Well Snowboat and I made a trip out to get my boat and to meet Fiat48. It was all going pretty good till we left Sparks. 23 hours of driving for net travel of about 750 miles. Hope the rest of the v-drive adventure is a little smoother.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-002S4.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-005S1.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-003S3.JPG[/img]

e-ticket
    INEEDAV
    I picked up mine too from Spokane, Wa. I thought rain was bad! Took me 23 hrs --- 1300 miles. Just me driving.
    That is one beautiful boat. Best of luck with it.

INEEDAV
    Thanks e-ticket, lots to try to get done before summer.

Sangster
    Cool ....Get that puppy in & out of the SNOW..Don't forget to post more pics......

INEEDAV
    Should have it out of the snow by mid Monday. We gave up on the drive about 250 miles from Gillette. 30 mph for that long will wear on ya.

Fiat48
    So the coveted "Die Hard" award goes to Snowboat and INEADAV (or rather, I got a V, I just got to get it home in one piece!) 5 stars for the both of you.
    [ February 03, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Fiat48 ]

Sangster
    YUP... Tell the moderator to change it to IGOTAV..

DansBlown73Nordic
    You guys get the "DieHard Award" I hope you got that puppy home safe.
    Very nice looking Boat. wink

BILLY.B
    No doubt you guy's get the determination award wink I can only imagine how long it will take to clean the road grime off of it Looks good, and you have a full three months until Neddles to get it all together . By the way Jerry Griffin ( v-drive video) has his new video done and it is really cool.Has all the outtings from previous river trips, it's a must have eek!

Snowboat
    Didn't take that long, pulled it into a shop and power washed it. None the worse for the wear. Sure has a lot of rocker. INEEDAV is looking for cheeeeep (but good) parts. Pan, water pump, a front cover, bigger fuel tanks, and various engine parts. Thanks for your time and knowledge, Fiat. Billy B, just emailed your wife. We're looking forward to summer, but INEEDAV should change his name to INEEDMOREPARTS, so he can build his boat in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast