Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DMV - WTF: Garnished Tax Return for Veh. I don't own!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We traded in my Explorer for my husbands truck a few years ago and I kept getting notices for registration on the Explorer. I ended up going to the DMV at AAA and filling out a new release of liability and it was a done deal.

1 Baja Guy
    DMV=GOD They over rule Judges

RitcheyRch
    Can never mess with the DMV.

Kachina26
    Yeah, cry me a river. They snatched $367 out of my bank account for a vehicle that I told them had been registered and moved to another state. I even sent proof of it. I called them and expained the situation and they quickly released the money based on just my word. Now I'm still waiting for a form to apply for a refund of the $75 the bank charged to snatch the money. How can they get a judgement with out some kind of hearing? Total BS!

mrs.rvrluvr
    DMV
    Dumb Mutha Vuckers

Moneypitt
    What was the $35.00 for? Fees of what nature to the DMV..........MP

HMF'er
    I keep getting registration due bills for an atv and dirtbikes I haven't owned for years. It seems the mofos that keep buying stuff from me don't go register them. I have sent in every Release of Liability form, but DMV hasn't processed them. Now years later, DMV is threatening me with collections for $35 per vehicle. I'm doing my taxes next week, it will be interesting to see if the state tries to collect.
    Wasn't there a California DMV employee on the boards here that can give some advice?

Ziggy
    DMV=God is pretty damn close to truth, or at least they think so.
    In the last year or so they seem to be on this kick. It happens so often now when someone trades a car into my store the old owners continue to get notices.
    The DMV seems to think they never make mistakes and put all the blame on you or someone else to fix it.........big fricken pain in the ass is what DMV is. You'd think with the fees they charge they'd have employees capable of reading and doing thier jobs properly.
    Beside the fact some of the clerks think their 5hit don't stink.

Outnumbered
    WTF, the DMV garnished 35.00 from my tax return for a quad/atv that I have not owned for 11 months!!! I sent the forms when I sold the vehicle but kept getting these notices. Sent them another letter and, of course, heard nothing. Get my State tax return back and now had 35.00 taken out for the vehicle. Of course I don't have the guy's name who bought it since it has been so long. They give you phone numbers to call but they are all automated and none lead to a live person. I am just trying to figure out how the State can legally garnish part of a return and continue to do so when I have filled out the paperwork that they request.
    Anyone been down this road before?
    This happened to me on both of my cars I moved to AZ from Cali. The nice peeps on Hot Boat.com told me to quit bitching and that it was probably my fault. So be prepared to get flamed by the all-knowing HBF experts . The State actually locked my bank account that I still had open, took out the money, and told me that I have to prove them wrong to get my money back and unlock my account... WTF
    Let's just say I am glad I don't live there any more. It took a while but I finally got my money back.
    Fockers

What was the $35.00 for? Fees of what nature to the DMV..........MP
    That's the amount of the registration (green or red sticker) fee for an ATV.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast