Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominator ID

Schiada76
    Anyone know where I can match some ID numbers on a pair of Dominators I'm buying?
    I've tried the Holly site and my Holly book but can't find a match.
    #'s are:
    On the metering blocks;
    L6464 698
    On the throttle body (?)next to the venturi's;
    12R8795B
    L6464

[ January 30, 2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: BradP ]

GofastRacer
    BradP:
    Anyone know where I can match some ID numbers on a pair of Dominators I'm buying?
    I've tried the Holly site and my Holly book but can't find a match.
    #'s are:
    On the metering blocks;
    L6464 698
    On the throttle body (?)next to the venturi's;
    12R8795B
    L6464
    Brad, if "L6464" is the list number, it's in the book and it is a 1050. If you have a 2003 Holley book, it's on page 276 at the very top!..Hope this helps!..

Hotcrusader76
    The numbers stamped on the metering blocks shouldn't be your concern. In order to match them you would need to ensure the orifices are the same in the metering blocks themselves; Emulsion circuit, pcvr circuit, idle restriction, down-leg orifice, etc.
    Are you trying to run two Dominators on the same motor? Sometimes matching two sets of blocks can be nearly impossible. 660 Center Squirters are about the only carb I have matched with stamped numbers.
    Your carb builder can match them for you when running those carbs in tandem so don't worry about those numbers.
    When I've blueprinted matched 660 center squirters with matching stamp numbers, I have always found at least .001-.002" error in the emulsion circuit, which can make a huge difference in performance and they were even matched! Just ensure that the Dominators have the same part number which should be on the mainbody top section.
    Are these Dominators 2 or 3 circuit? Meaning do they have 4 or 6 tiny holes on the top of the mainbody for each side? 2-circuits are the best for dual applications. The 3-circuit is too much carb for a dual application such as yours and I advise you look away from that version.
    Call me if ya need any guidance.
    ~Ty
    [ January 30, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Hotcrusader76
    Guess I didn't catch the objective of this thread.....sorry
    He just wants an ID of the carb ...LOL. I'll run the numbers this afternoon and get them off to you tomorrow morning.
    Either way I would love to help ya out.

GofastRacer
    Dude, keep that up and you'll scare him in to getting injectors instead, Hmmm, not a bad idea!... wink

Hotcrusader76
    GFR...
    Just wait...just wait....there will be a dawn of a new time where Jets and pills will live in harmony wink

GofastRacer
    Until then??.. pig_flyi

Schiada76
    Injected? Hell yes I want to go injected! Budget constraints prevent at this time.
    Ty, the carbs are going to you in the very near future, in the meantime I'm buying these from slowpoke and we don't know what they are worth. We're good friends and don't want to rip each other off so pm me what they are and what they would be worth, and I'll tell him half what you tell me. (Don't worry even though he reads this every day he will probably skip this thread).
    As soon as I pay him I'll send 'em off to you.
    That is unless you have some CHEAP injection for me to run.

Hotcrusader76
    How about you PM me what numbers you both are talking about and I'll play the "too hot...too cold" game.
    This way I don't insult either of you. A true Friend would just give them too ya....LMAO

Schiada76
    Hotcrusader76:
    How about you PM me what numbers you both are talking about and I'll play the "too hot...too cold" game.
    This way I don't insult either of you. A true Friend would just give them too ya....LMAO Yeah what he said! LMAO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast