Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barking Dogs

Get your neighbors phone number(the dork with the barking dogs)..... block your phone number while calling him late at night when the dogs are barking... then when he picks the phone up bark into the phone. Keep it up....he'll get the drift. Ilike this one the best let us know what you did .

GOFSTSUMDAY
    DAISY RED RIDER! WORKED WONDERS ON MY OLD NEIGHBORS TWO DOGS. GOT TO THE POINT, ALL I HAD TO DO WAS OPEN THE WINDOW AND THEY WOULD SHUT UP AND RUN TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE.

Mandelon
    I heard a story :rollside: of a guy that woould turn on the porch light, pump up a pellet gun , then pop him one in the ass. Then ater a while just turn on the light and pump and he would quit. then eventually the dog would bark and just turning on the light would stop him.
    I like it.
    Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

bigblockbill
    Thanks, Lots of great ideas here. I am liking the ultrasonic idea, but I can see it back firing. Our local city codes say you actually have to go to court before the city will do anything about the noise, we might do that, and have threatend doing that before, but I don't really feel like following through with it. The good thing is the dogs are inside or don''t bark at night so it is not like they are waking us up. The other thing is they typically don't bark when the neighbors are home, so the phone call thing does not really work, even though we have left messages on the answering machine.
    We need a slow death method, maybe like a hunk of chocolate over the fence every day.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I used to throw jalapeno tortillas over the fence. Worked every time. :rollside:

maxwedge
    All I have to say is, Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!! Honestly if a dog barking in the backgound bothers you so much that you want to poison it and shoot at it, maybe you have some mental issues you need to seek help for. There are a lot of other people and animals living in this world who do shit that makes noise. Just part of living in the city. Learn to live with it, or find a decent way to deal with it. Otherwise maybe you need to live in a little soundproofed room. Jesus, what if they had a baby that was crying? Or kids running aound the yard yelling. How about an airplane flying overhead? Those things sometimes even louder than dogs. Would you shoot at them and try to poison them too.? How about I just shoot at you with my BB gun every time you drive past me at the lake house with open exhaust or a loud stereo on your boat! Maybe invite you over for dinner and feed you a shitload of laxatives! That ought to teach you right? All I'm saying is there are a hell of a lot of better ways to train a dog not to bark that might not make your neighbor want to kill you too or get you arrested. Google it, or go buy yourselves a book on dog training or get one for your neighbor. If the dog only barks when your neighbor isn't home, he probably doesn't even realize it or thinks he solved the problem. I'm sure if you explain to him that you were considering shooting at the dog and trying to poison it, maybe he would take the matter more seriously, or at least realize he has complete assholes for neighbors and move somewhere else.

SB
    All I have to say is, Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!! Honestly if a dog barking in the backgound bothers you so much that you want to poison it and shoot at it, maybe you have some mental issues you need to seek help for. There are a lot of other people and animals living in this world who do shit that makes noise. Just part of living in the city. Learn to live with it, or find a decent way to deal with it. Otherwise maybe you need to live in a little soundproofed room. Jesus, what if they had a baby that was crying? Or kids running aound the yard yelling. How about an airplane flying overhead? Those things sometimes even louder than dogs. Would you shoot at them and try to poison them too.? How about I just shoot at you with my BB gun every time you drive past me at the lake house with open exhaust or a loud stereo on your boat! Maybe invite you over for dinner and feed you a shitload of laxatives! That ought to teach you right? All I'm saying is there are a hell of a lot of better ways to train a dog not to bark that might not make your neighbor want to kill you too or get you arrested. Google it, or go buy yourselves a book on dog training or get one for your neighbor. If the dog only barks when your neighbor isn't home, he probably doesn't even realize it or thinks he solved the problem. I'm sure if you explain to him that you were considering shooting at the dog and trying to poison it, maybe he would take the matter more seriously, or at least realize he has complete assholes for neighbors and move somewhere else.
    A lot of owners need a mental health exam when they are cited. They are positive that their dog doesn't bark and doesn't bite.

Tom Brown
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...hammoinnam.jpg
    All of a sudden... STV_Keith doesn't look so tough.

imbndvs
    THANK YOU!!! Well said!
    At least someone here has a brain!

Tom Brown
    Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!!
    That's what I love about this place.
    I think some of the more extreme suggestions are in jest.
    Of course, he could always just move his family and belongings somewhere else... it might only cost him 20 or 50K, cause his family to have to adjust to a new place, and be massively inconvenient... but he'll know that he's a nice guy and didn't disturb his dog owning neighbor in any way.
    BTW, I'm not onside with harming the dogs but nobody should have to put up with their neighbor's pets keeping them up all the time. A little barking is one thing but constant barking is something quite different.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast