Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Barking Dogs

Jbb
    That's what I love about this place.
    I think some of the more extreme suggestions are in jest.
    Of course, he could always just move his family and belongings somewhere else... it might only cost him 20 or 50K, cause his family to have to adjust to a new place, and be massively inconvenient... but he'll know that he's a nice guy and didn't disturb his dog owning neighbor in any way.
    BTW, I'm not onside with harming the dogs but nobody should have to put up with their neighbor's pets keeping them up all the time. A little barking is one thing but constant barking is something quite different.
    lol......pack of asshole....all your base are belong to us...

mike37
    All I have to say is, Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!! Honestly if a dog barking in the backgound bothers you so much that you want to poison it and shoot at it, maybe you have some mental issues you need to seek help for. There are a lot of other people and animals living in this world who do shit that makes noise. Just part of living in the city. Learn to live with it, or find a decent way to deal with it. Otherwise maybe you need to live in a little soundproofed room. Jesus, what if they had a baby that was crying? Or kids running aound the yard yelling. How about an airplane flying overhead? Those things sometimes even louder than dogs. Would you shoot at them and try to poison them too.? How about I just shoot at you with my BB gun every time you drive past me at the lake house with open exhaust or a loud stereo on your boat! Maybe invite you over for dinner and feed you a shitload of laxatives! That ought to teach you right? All I'm saying is there are a hell of a lot of better ways to train a dog not to bark that might not make your neighbor want to kill you too or get you arrested. Google it, or go buy yourselves a book on dog training or get one for your neighbor. If the dog only barks when your neighbor isn't home, he probably doesn't even realize it or thinks he solved the problem. I'm sure if you explain to him that you were considering shooting at the dog and trying to poison it, maybe he would take the matter more seriously, or at least realize he has complete assholes for neighbors and move somewhere else.
    just remember no one likes your dog as much as you do
    and all the noises you mentioned are short time
    the dog that barks constantly need to be dealt with
    the owners don't care because the dogs don't bark while they are home
    If you think its OK for your dog to bark for hours while you are gone the you have a major mental problem

bigblockbill
    All I have to say is, Holy shit! What a pack of asshole some of you guys are!!!
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pipe in and defend the dogs. I my self am a dog lover and before the neighbor a few years ago moved in would never even consider harming a dog. The root cause of the barking dogs is really not the dogs fault, according to Cezar Milan the dog expert. However we have made mulitiple attempts to get the owners to do something about their dogs with no or very limited sucess. Maybe we should poison the owners and give the dogs a better home, but I don't really see that as an option either.
    You say I should move, but the neighborhood was just fine until they moved in, why should I have to move? Yes airplanes are noisy when they fly by every few hours but it last a very short time, these dogs can go on barking non-stop for hours at a time. Sure the neighborhood kids can make some noise, but again its not the same, we were all kids once. My family has had dogs all my life growing up, and they were loved and played with, not ignored.
    I have not intentions to kill the dogs, but it does help relive the frustrations to joke about it. :rollside:

28Prowler525
    The Sharper Image store makes a device that puts out an ultrasonic sound that is anoying to dogs and stops the barking. A friend got me one for my neighbors early morning barker.
    Did it work?

Waist Deep
    Uh, I've got a dog and when it starts to bark at nothing, I tell it to shut up! Our neighbor on the other hand has 4 dogs,2 cats and a bird and doesnt give a shit if his dogs bark all day or not. He'll just close his house door. Got a letter going to Animal Control today in fact. Dont buy the ultrasonic crap, I bought it and they did nothing but kept barking. I've tried hot dogs with ritalin, but they still bark. Call the authority.

Gee Gee
    We turned in our neighbor dogs into Animal Control about a year ago. Best thing we could have done, I only wished I had done it years sooner. The neighborhood is sooo much quieter.

Wet Dream
    It's fairly obvious Maxwedge doesn't have a clue what he's talking about when it comes to a barking dog. It sounds like we're talking about a dog that continually barks, and barks and barks. A nuissance, not the occasional passing boat, plane, bike...whatever. I have 2 dogs. One is an angel, but barks when she hears the door. The other is the dumbest piece of sh!t you've ever seen, but I still give him the same things the female has. They are both inside gogs. Personally, I hate barking dogs, but I would never poison a dog. Try to see some of the humor in some of the posts. I love the pump trick. I never had my dogs around any of my guns, but one day the idiot dog kept coming to the table as we were eating. I got the air pistol out of the closet, pumped it twice and he took off. How he knew? I don't know. Anyhow, I digress. I hate barking dogs. I would hate for my dogs to do it to the neighbors, and I hate it when my neighbors dogs do it. Right behind me, I have a German Sheppard. The dog has a monsterous bark. Woke me up at 9 am on Saturday. I had to let it go, because I never hear the dog otherwise. If I had to hear that crap day after day, you bet I'm making a call.

maxwedge
    Yes obviously I have no clue. This is a picture of my backyard:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...rking_dogs.JPG
    Notice all the fences? Every single house in this picture has at least one dog. The house next to me and the one behind the garage that you can't see have dogs too. Some of these have two or three dogs. Most of them have kids. Most of the time they are making noise, especially the dog right behind me. I'm suprised he's not barking right now. I work nights so most of the time this noise is when I'm sleeping. What can I say, I learn to tune it out. I like this neighborhood, get along well with most of my neighbors. My dog stays inside and she doesn't bark all day either, and I wouldn't allow her do that if she wanted to. I can definitly see how that would be annoying as hell to some people, On the other hand (and maybe this means I'm mentally unstable, but so be it) if I saw one of my neighbors in my backyard feeding my dog a bowl of antifreeze, i would not hesitate to shoot them. With a dear rifle, not a bb gun. In fact I don't think I would be able to stop pulling the trigger until the gun was empty. Sorry but that's just how I feel about my dog. Well worth going to prison for.

Totally IncapASSitated
    It's fairly obvious Maxwedge doesn't have a clue what he's talking about when it comes to a barking dog. It sounds like we're talking about a dog that continually barks, and barks and barks. A nuissance, not the occasional passing boat, plane, bike...whatever. I have 2 dogs. One is an angel, but barks when she hears the door. The other is the dumbest piece of sh!t you've ever seen, but I still give him the same things the female has. They are both inside gogs. Personally, I hate barking dogs, but I would never poison a dog. Try to see some of the humor in some of the posts. I love the pump trick. I never had my dogs around any of my guns, but one day the idiot dog kept coming to the table as we were eating. I got the air pistol out of the closet, pumped it twice and he took off. How he knew? I don't know. Anyhow, I digress. I hate barking dogs. I would hate for my dogs to do it to the neighbors, and I hate it when my neighbors dogs do it. Right behind me, I have a German Sheppard. The dog has a monsterous bark. Woke me up at 9 am on Saturday. I had to let it go, because I never hear the dog otherwise. If I had to hear that crap day after day, you bet I'm making a call.
    I couldn't have said it better... :rollside:
    I am also a dog lover (and even work for a pet food company), but I feel BigBlock's pain!!! These people that throw their dog out in the backyard to bark for hours on end are the inconsiderate assholes. Getting woken up EVERY morning by the annoying sound of a little SHITzu barking for hours and hours is enough to drive anyone insane!!!!
    I will be taking the appropriate action: 1) alert the owner to the problem, calmly and rationally (using as few "f-bombs" as possible... :crossx: ) letting them know how the city/county will enforce the problem if I intend to pursue it, and 2) see if anything changes and proceed from there

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast