Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blown checkmate

chkmate25
    I have a checkmate 251 with a blown 588 engine with nitrous that runs 103.5 I'm interested in talking to people with similar boat. email me. hope to hear form you.
    John

audiophan
    Just found out about these forums recently, and your post has convinced me to register.
    My question however is how did you get that boat to run stable at 103.5mph! (that is what you meant?) I have a 25' Convincor, which I'm assuming as the same as yours, or close. The hull is not stepped and I keep getting told I'd max out in the 80's. Running 90+ would be great, how did you do it?

chkmate25
    Originally posted by audiophan:
    Just found out about these forums recently, and your post has convinced me to register.
    My question however is how did you get that boat to run stable at 103.5mph! (that is what you meant?) I have a 25' Convincor, which I'm assuming as the same as yours, or close. The hull is not stepped and I keep getting told I'd max out in the 80's. Running 90+ would be great, how did you do it?

chkmate25
    Originally posted by audiophan:

audiophan
    huh?

playdeep
    checkmate25,I am curious about your setup,gearratio,prop size,hydraulic steering?.what type of trim tabs are you running if any.A buck three in a 25ft. platform had to be kinda scary!.

audiophan
    ditto

wcougarman
    I'm friends with checkmate25, some prerequisites for 100+ in a 25checkmate are as follows. around a 1000 hp , with solid roller, 1.5 gears, 30 inch hydromotive prop, at 6500 rpms , boat, blue printed bottom, raised x diminsion , external steering, imco nose cone, and a 12 pak of beer. bottom line, boat gets evil at 100, superior driving skills required,ie counter steering a prerequisite as boat wants to chine walk, however if you have large testicles and a thousand horsepower GO FOR IT!!

audiophan
    Sounds like fun but maybe a little much for me. What kind of drive?

Thunderbutt
    I think it is a B S drive Originally posted by audiophan:
    Sounds like fun but maybe a little much for me. What kind of drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast